Need conversion of DD MM' SS", using HP-28C calculator - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Need conversion of DD MM' SS", using HP-28C calculator - Hewlett Packard ; Hello: I was hoping that the HP site would have a PDF version of the manual for a calculator that was sold long before PDF existed. :-( Now I hope someone out there has an HP-28C calculator and knows how ...

  1. Need conversion of DD MM' SS", using HP-28C calculator

    Hello:

    I was hoping that the HP site would have a PDF version of the manual
    for a calculator that was sold long before PDF existed. :-(

    Now I hope someone out there has an HP-28C calculator and knows how to
    use it well.

    I would like to convert between decimal degrees, minutes, seconds, et
    al. on my trusty HP-28C.

    TIA,

    -Ramon

  2. Re: Need conversion of DD MM' SS", using HP-28C calculator

    On Nov 21, 7:00 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > I would like to convert between decimal degrees, minutes, seconds, et
    > al. on my trusty HP-28C.

    Use the ->HMS (into Hours/Minutes/Seconds) and HMS-> (out of Hours/
    Minutes/Seconds) commands. Converting between Hours, Minutes, Seconds
    is the same as converting between degrees, minutes, seconds.

    My 28C died a few years ago, but my the manual says you can find these
    under TRIG.

    -wes

  3. Re: Need conversion of DD MM' SS", using HP-28C calculator

    On Nov 21, 12:41 am, Wes wrote:
    > On Nov 21, 7:00 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >
    > > I would like to convert between decimal degrees, minutes, seconds, et
    > > al. on my trusty HP-28C.

    > Use the ->HMS (into Hours/Minutes/Seconds) and HMS-> (out of Hours/
    > Minutes/Seconds) commands. Converting between Hours, Minutes, Seconds
    > is the same as converting between degrees, minutes, seconds.
    >
    > My 28C died a few years ago, but my the manual says you can find these
    > under TRIG.
    >
    > -wes

    Got it!

    Thanks,

    -Ramon

  4. Re: Need conversion of DD MM' SS", using HP-28C calculator

    Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I was hoping that the HP site would have a PDF version of the manual
    > for a calculator that was sold long before PDF existed. :-(...

    You could get scanned versions of the manuals from the MoHPC:

    http://www.hpmuseum.org/hp28c.htm

    You can.request just CD-01, which contains all of the 28S and 28C
    manuals and application guides, for a mere US$10, however, the entire
    set does not cost much more and is a treasure trove for just about
    every calculator HP made.

    (www.hp41.org has online scans and a DVD available of an enormous
    number of manuals related to the 41 series, including accessory
    maintenance manuals.)

    -^-rdj-^-

+ Reply to Thread