Re: Image Query question - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Image Query question - Hewlett Packard ; I am copy pasting the error I get. Even in R ALL it shows { . I understand it is 0. Bu It wont let me add the same way the detail record. >F WO-MAST.EM-UNIT-NO=F9 AND WM-START-DATE="20061027" AND >>WM-END-DATE="20071031" AND ...

  1. Re: Image Query question

    I am copy pasting the error I get. Even in R ALL it shows { . I understand
    it is 0.
    Bu It wont let me add the same way the detail record.

    >F WO-MAST.EM-UNIT-NO=F9 AND WM-START-DATE="20061027" AND
    >>WM-END-DATE="20071031" AND WM-STATUS="C"

    USING SERIAL READ
    1 ENTRIES QUALIFIED
    >R ALL

    WM-WO-NO =602816{
    EM-UNIT-NO =F9
    LM-LOC-NO =0001
    WM-START-DATE =20061027
    WM-START-TIME =0746
    WM-END-DATE =20071031
    WM-END-TIME =0746
    WM-LAST-ACT-DTE =20071031
    WM-METER =005615H
    WM-LABOR-HRS =000000{
    WM-PARTS-COST =0000160676{
    WM-COMM-COST =0000000000{
    WM-STATUS =C
    WM-LABOR-COST =0000000000{
    WO-REP-CAT =N
    WM-LAST-PRT =
    WM-PRT-STAT =
    WM-METER-2 =000000{
    WM-C-DATE =20071115
    WM-SCHED =N
    WM-DOWN-TIME =008856{

    > UPDATE ADD,ACT-WO-DET

    EM-UNIT-NO =>>F9
    WM-WO-NO =>>602816{
    LM-LOC-NO =>>0001
    MISSING SEARCH KEY VALUE FOR WM-WO-NO IN MASTER WO-MAST

    ==============| ENTRY CANNOT BE ADDED |==============

    EM-UNIT-NO =>>F9
    WM-WO-NO =>>602816A
    NUMBER SPECIFIED IS TOO LARGE/SMALL FOR DATA ITEM TYPE: P8

    What I am doing wrong??

    >It does that - it's showing as zoned.
    >
    >Try looking at the record with R ALL,-
    >
    >Then you should see that your 0 is in fact intact.

  2. Re: Image Query question

    In message , aHash
    writes
    >I am copy pasting the error I get. Even in R ALL it shows { . I understand
    >it is 0.
    >Bu It wont let me add the same way the detail record.
    >
    >>F WO-MAST.EM-UNIT-NO=F9 AND WM-START-DATE="20061027" AND
    >>>WM-END-DATE="20071031" AND WM-STATUS="C"

    >USING SERIAL READ
    >1 ENTRIES QUALIFIED
    >>R ALL

    >WM-WO-NO =602816{
    >EM-UNIT-NO =F9
    >LM-LOC-NO =0001
    >WM-START-DATE =20061027
    >WM-START-TIME =0746
    >WM-END-DATE =20071031
    >WM-END-TIME =0746
    >WM-LAST-ACT-DTE =20071031
    >WM-METER =005615H
    >WM-LABOR-HRS =000000{
    >WM-PARTS-COST =0000160676{
    >WM-COMM-COST =0000000000{
    >WM-STATUS =C
    >WM-LABOR-COST =0000000000{
    >WO-REP-CAT =N
    >WM-LAST-PRT =
    >WM-PRT-STAT =
    >WM-METER-2 =000000{
    >WM-C-DATE =20071115
    >WM-SCHED =N
    >WM-DOWN-TIME =008856{
    >
    >> UPDATE ADD,ACT-WO-DET

    >EM-UNIT-NO =>>F9
    >WM-WO-NO =>>602816{
    >LM-LOC-NO =>>0001
    >MISSING SEARCH KEY VALUE FOR WM-WO-NO IN MASTER WO-MAST
    >
    >==============| ENTRY CANNOT BE ADDED |==============
    >

    >EM-UNIT-NO =>>F9
    >WM-WO-NO =>>602816A
    >NUMBER SPECIFIED IS TOO LARGE/SMALL FOR DATA ITEM TYPE: P8
    >
    >What I am doing wrong??

    Firstly, take my earlier advice:

    >>Try looking at the record with R ALL,-

    (the ',-' is part of what you should type here)

    >>Then you should see that your 0 is in fact intact.

    Secondly, when adding the detail record, type 6028160, not 602816(

    It only displays like that; it doesn't really look like that.

    --
    Roy Brown 'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
    Kelmscott Ltd useful, or believe to be beautiful' William Morris

  3. Re: Image Query question

    The error re no master would indicate there is a manual master keyed to a field inserted/changed , and that key value does not exist.
    the number too big error would indicate that you are exceeding a size - note that a P8 field can only hold 7 digits and a sign, p4 - 3digits and sign,p12 -11 digits etc. I1 and I2 are similarly limited to their implementation limits....
    an FO to show field definitions would be a help, and also the set types of the indexing sets.
    jp

    I am copy pasting the error I get. Even in R ALL it shows { . I understand
    it is 0.
    Bu It wont let me add the same way the detail record.

    >F WO-MAST.EM-UNIT-NO=F9 AND WM-START-DATE="20061027" AND
    >>WM-END-DATE="20071031" AND WM-STATUS="C"

    USING SERIAL READ
    1 ENTRIES QUALIFIED
    >R ALL

    WM-WO-NO =602816{
    EM-UNIT-NO =F9
    LM-LOC-NO =0001
    WM-START-DATE =20061027
    WM-START-TIME =0746
    WM-END-DATE =20071031
    WM-END-TIME =0746
    WM-LAST-ACT-DTE =20071031
    WM-METER =005615H
    WM-LABOR-HRS =000000{
    WM-PARTS-COST =0000160676{
    WM-COMM-COST =0000000000{
    WM-STATUS =C
    WM-LABOR-COST =0000000000{
    WO-REP-CAT =N
    WM-LAST-PRT =
    WM-PRT-STAT =
    WM-METER-2 =000000{
    WM-C-DATE =20071115
    WM-SCHED =N
    WM-DOWN-TIME =008856{

    > UPDATE ADD,ACT-WO-DET

    EM-UNIT-NO =>>F9
    WM-WO-NO =>>602816{
    LM-LOC-NO =>>0001
    MISSING SEARCH KEY VALUE FOR WM-WO-NO IN MASTER WO-MAST

    ==============| ENTRY CANNOT BE ADDED |==============

    EM-UNIT-NO =>>F9
    WM-WO-NO =>>602816A
    NUMBER SPECIFIED IS TOO LARGE/SMALL FOR DATA ITEM TYPE: P8

    What I am doing wrong??

    >It does that - it's showing as zoned.
    >
    >Try looking at the record with R ALL,-
    >
    >Then you should see that your 0 is in fact intact.

  4. Re: Image Query question

    Misunderstood a bit.
    R all shows the { or } sign chars for zero, A for +1 etc,but when you are adding, changing data, you should key a leading + or minus, not use the { , } A for +1 etc. If changing a field, you need to enclose in " ".

    NOTE THAT IF you do a report and specify detail fields, if you don't supplya sign spec in the edit patterns, negative signs can be omitted and mislead you.

    jp
    I am copy pasting the error I get. Even in R ALL it shows { . I understand
    it is 0.
    Bu It wont let me add the same way the detail record.

    >F WO-MAST.EM-UNIT-NO=F9 AND WM-START-DATE="20061027" AND
    >>WM-END-DATE="20071031" AND WM-STATUS="C"

    USING SERIAL READ
    1 ENTRIES QUALIFIED
    >R ALL

    WM-WO-NO =602816{