    From: Mike Reaser
    Date: 2007/10/31 Wed PM 03:02:15 CST
    To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    Subject: [HP3000-L] Bay Pointe Technology

    I just got a heapin' helpin' of Spam from Bob Sigworth of this company,
    offering me all sorts of Great Deals on system storage.

    Do many other "legacy" vendors go out of their way like this, to anger their
    potential customers with useless and unsolicited commercial email using
    addresses they've mined from HP3000-L?

    joseph dolliver
    e3k solutions , inc
    41630 marie court
    leonardtown, md 20650

  2. Re: Bay Pointe Technology

    On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 05:26:20AM -0600, Joseph Dolliver wrote:
    > YOU CAN ALWAYS HIT THE DELETE BUTTON.

    This is the standard spammer's argument. The problem is that it doesn't
    scale. My system - with just a few users - rejected 10631 spams last week.
    Hitting delete that many times would take a substantial amount of my time,
    never mind the actual amount of time needed to look at each and decide that
    it's not worth reading. Just one second per message would have wasted nearly
    three hours, total.

    > First and foremost, Bob is a standup guy

    Standup guys don't spam.

    > and does not send junk to the list. His intention is to help.

    No doubt. Unfortunately, his method of helping is worse.
    --
    Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
    http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)