Hello,

I encountered a strange error with a recent HP PC (If I'm not mistaken
it's a dx7400 or something). The PC refused to boot, beeping in a pattern
which indicated a memory error. So I took out the memory modules, blew
some dust off and put them back. So the beeping stopped, I can se the
machine check its memory etc.

Now, somewhere in the POST however, this error is displayed:
"
Two processors don't have the same frequency operating range !!!
"

This error is nowhere to be found on the HP site and even google doesn't
show anything that comes close... Does anyone have an idea in what
direction
to start searching? I guess the error might be related to this being a
dual-core system but how on earth can two cores have another frequency? Is
there some way to reset them?

--
Frank Van Damme