Re: MPEX purge in Shareplex/iX environment - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: MPEX purge in Shareplex/iX environment - Hewlett Packard ; On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:22:08 -0400, Gilles Schipper wrote: >How does it not work with the purge command? > >Is there an error message. > >Did you try using a ! as the first character, as in > >!PURGE ...

  1. Re: MPEX purge in Shareplex/iX environment

    On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:22:08 -0400, Gilles Schipper wrote:

    >How does it not work with the purge command?
    >
    >Is there an error message.
    >
    >Did you try using a ! as the first character, as in
    >
    >!PURGE FILE####..........

    I am trying to get it to work in session first. The error message is
    This value is not valid for this parameter. (CIERR 10262)

    I think the NB UDC is interfering with this command.

    Ray

  2. Re: MPEX purge in Shareplex/iX environment

    I believe this error is because NMCMDUDC doesn't accept wildcards in the file name. Single files only. I remember running into this problem years ago,which led to me getting the MPEX Netbase interface working so MPEX file sets could be used with PURGE, COPY, etc.

    Joshua Johnson
    Consultant

    On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:22:08 -0400, Gilles Schipper wrote:

    >How does it not work with the purge command?
    >
    >Is there an error message.
    >
    >Did you try using a ! as the first character, as in
    >
    >!PURGE FILE####..........

    I am trying to get it to work in session first. The error message is
    This value is not valid for this parameter. (CIERR 10262)

    I think the NB UDC is interfering with this command.

    Ray

    This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for theindividual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.