Encryption Software - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Encryption Software - Hewlett Packard ; Does anyone know of any encryption software that runs on the HP3000 platform. Regards Reginald Monroe Systems Engineering Mercury Insurance - Information Technology (714) 671-6753 rmonroe@mercuryinsurance.com This email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended ...

  1. Encryption Software

    Does anyone know of any encryption software that runs on the HP3000
    platform.

    Regards

    Reginald Monroe
    Systems Engineering
    Mercury Insurance - Information Technology
    (714) 671-6753
    rmonroe@mercuryinsurance.com

    This email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it is strictly forbidden. If you have received this email in error, please delete the e-mail and/or any files or attachments, and also notify the system manager (PostMaster@mercuryinsurance.com) of the error. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company... Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it.

  2. Re: Encryption Software

    Lars wrote in 2004:

    Well, several years ago, at least PGP 5.0i built on MPE/iX...

    http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/pgp/

    also see a slightly older paper...

    http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/pgp-ix.html

    Note, however, that you will get in trouble if your file size reaches 2
    GB, due to limitations of the POSIX API on MPE/iX.

    And, moreover, you might have to solve the issue of getting
    a license to run PGP 5.0i outside of personal privacy usage.

    Lars.

    Tracy Johnson
    Measurement Specialties, Inc.

    BT

    NNNN

  3. Re: Encryption Software

    There's a version of PKZip that's native to an MPE platform.
    You can zip a file with an encryption key and unzip / decrypt on the 3000 or with WinZip

    >>> Reggie Monroe 10/30/2007 5:34 PM >>>

    Does anyone know of any encryption software that runs on the HP3000
    platform.

    Regards

    Reginald Monroe
    Systems Engineering
    Mercury Insurance - Information Technology
    (714) 671-6753
    rmonroe@mercuryinsurance.com

    This email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it is strictly forbidden. If you have received this email in error, please delete the e-mail and/or any files or attachments, and also notify the system manager (PostMaster@mercuryinsurance.com) of the error. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmittedby this email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it.

  4. Re: Encryption Software

    > Reggie Monroe 10/30/2007 5:34 PM
    >
    > Does anyone know of any encryption software that runs on the HP3000
    > platform.

    if you're truly asking (vs fishing), i suggest you contact mb foster. - d

  5. Re: Encryption Software

    Does the M.P.E. version of Java have the following capability?

    import java.math
    import java.security.*;
    import javax.crypto.*;

    Cipher = Cipher.getInstance("DES/CBC/PKCS5Padding");
    Cipher.init(Cipher.ENCRYPT_MODE, DesKey);

    Mike.

    >>> Reggie Monroe 10/30/2007 4:34 pm >>>

    Does anyone know of any encryption software that runs on the HP3000
    platform.

    Regards

    Reginald Monroe
    Systems Engineering
    Mercury Insurance - Information Technology
    (714) 671-6753
    rmonroe@mercuryinsurance.com

    This email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it is strictly forbidden. If you have received this email in error, please delete the e-mail and/or any files or attachments, and also notify the system manager (PostMaster@mercuryinsurance.com) of the error. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmittedby this email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it.

  6. Re: Encryption Software

    Michael Anderson wrote:

    > Does the M.P.E. version of Java have the following capability?
    >
    > import java.math
    > import java.security.*;
    > import javax.crypto.*;

    my guess is that the Java Crypto extension was added after java 1.3
    and is thus not available on MPE/iX by default. Might be possible to
    use the Cryptix JCE implementation, but that is left as an exercise
    for the reader ;-)

    http://www.ntua.gr/cryptix/products/jce/

    Cheers, Lars.