Few questions about HP 50g - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Few questions about HP 50g - Hewlett Packard ; I'm a newbie with this calculator but I noticed some strange behaviour : 1. ILAP ain't working properly. When searching for ILAP(Kc/(S+1)^2) I get a wrong result.If I do LAP(result) I get Kc/(S+1), and than ILAP again the same result. ...

  1. Few questions about HP 50g

    I'm a newbie with this calculator but I noticed some strange
    behaviour :

    1. ILAP ain't working properly. When searching for ILAP(Kc/(S+1)^2) I
    get a wrong result.If I do LAP(result) I get Kc/(S+1), and than ILAP
    again the same result. Why?!

    2. When I type ^2 , I get SQ(...) , rather than something (....)^2 ??

    3. When I type PR1 I don't get expected : 1: PR1 .... actually
    I don't get anything. I tried even 'PR1' but it reported error?!

    Any clues to these mysteries??

  2. Re: Few questions about HP 50g

    On 20 ago, 02:12, articavenger wrote:
    > I'm a newbie with this calculator but I noticed some strange
    > behaviour :
    >
    > 1. ILAP ain't working properly. When searching for ILAP(Kc/(S+1)^2) I
    > get a wrong result.If I do LAP(result) I get Kc/(S+1), and than ILAP
    > again the same result. Why?!
    >
    > 2. When I type ^2 , I get SQ(...) , rather than something (....)^2 ??
    >
    > 3. When I type PR1 I don't get expected : 1: PR1 .... actually
    > I don't get anything. I tried even 'PR1' but it reported error?!
    >
    > Any clues to these mysteries??

    Are you in Algebraic or RPN???

  3. Re: Few questions about HP 50g

    On 20 ago, 03:36, SebasMagri wrote:
    > On 20 ago, 02:12, articavenger wrote:
    >
    > > I'm a newbie with this calculator but I noticed some strange
    > > behaviour :

    > > 1. ILAP ain't working properly. When searching for ILAP(Kc/(S+1)^2) I
    > > get a wrong result.If I do LAP(result) I get Kc/(S+1), and than ILAP
    > > again the same result. Why?!

    > > 2. When I type ^2 , I get SQ(...) , rather than something (....)^2 ??

    > > 3. When I type PR1 I don't get expected : 1: PR1 .... actually
    > > I don't get anything. I tried even 'PR1' but it reported error?!

    > > Any clues to these mysteries??

    > Are you in Algebraic or RPN???

    ILAP error is just becouse this function works respect to the default
    independent variable X... in your case the calc is assuming the
    function as a constant...

    SQ means to say Squared... SQ = 2 ^

    I dont understand very good the third question... could you please
    make it again...

    Hope it helps...

  4. Re: Few questions about HP 50g

    If you get SQ(anything) and press EVAL again then you will get it in
    terms of anything^2.

    I will try to look into the third question tomorrow.

  5. Re: Few questions about HP 50g

    On 20 Ago, 02:12, articavenger wrote:
    > I'm a newbie with this calculator but I noticed some strange
    > behaviour :
    >
    > 1. ILAP ain't working properly. When searching for ILAP(Kc/(S+1)^2) I
    > get a wrong result.If I do LAP(result) I get Kc/(S+1), and than ILAP
    > again the same result. Why?!
    >
    > 2. When I type ^2 , I get SQ(...) , rather than something (....)^2 ??
    >
    > 3. When I type PR1 I don't get expected : 1: PR1 .... actually
    > I don't get anything. I tried even 'PR1' but it reported error?!
    >
    > Any clues to these mysteries??

    Hi articavenger.
    As far as your 3rd question goes, even though it's not fully clear to
    me, here follows what the 49G+ Advanced User's Reference Manual says
    about the PR1 command:

    PR1
    Type: Command
    printer format.
    All objects except strings are printed with their
    identifying delimiters.
    Strings are printed without the leading and trailing "
    delimiters.
    Multiline printer format is similar to multiline display
    format,
    with the following exceptions:
    - Strings and names that are more than 24 characters long are
    continued
    on the next printer line.
    - The real and imaginary parts of complex numbers are printed on
    separate
    lines if they don't fit on the same line.
    - Grobs are printed graphically.
    - Arrays are printed with a numbered heading for each row and with a
    column
    number before each element.
    For example, the 2 3 array
    1 2 3
    4 5 6
    would be printed as follows:
    Array (2 3)
    Row 1
    1] 1
    2] 2
    3] 3
    Row 2
    1] 4
    2] 5
    3] 6
    Access: [RIGHT SHIFT][CAT][PR1]
    Flags: I/O Device (-33), Printing Device (-34), Double-spaced Printing
    (-37),
    Linefeed (-38). If flag -34 is set, flag -33 must be clear.
    Input/Output:
    Lev.1/Arg.1 Lev.1/Item 1
    object object

    Hope this helps.
    Best regards.
    Giancarlo

  6. Re: Few questions about HP 50g

    On Aug 20, 2:20 pm, Giancarlo
    wrote:
    > On 20 Ago, 02:12, articavenger wrote:
    >
    > > I'm a newbie with this calculator but I noticed some strange
    > > behaviour :

    > > 1. ILAP ain't working properly. When searching for ILAP(Kc/(S+1)^2) I
    > > get a wrong result.If I do LAP(result) I get Kc/(S+1), and than ILAP
    > > again the same result. Why?!

    > > 2. When I type ^2 , I get SQ(...) , rather than something (....)^2 ??

    > > 3. When I type PR1 I don't get expected : 1: PR1 .... actually
    > > I don't get anything. I tried even 'PR1' but it reported error?!

    > > Any clues to these mysteries??

    > Hi articavenger.
    > As far as your 3rd question goes, even though it's not fully clear to
    > me, here follows what the 49G+ Advanced User's Reference Manual says
    > about the PR1 command:
    >
    > PR1
    > Type: Command
    > printer format.
    > All objects except strings are printed with their
    > identifying delimiters.
    > Strings are printed without the leading and trailing "
    > delimiters.
    > Multiline printer format is similar to multiline display
    > format,
    > with the following exceptions:
    > - Strings and names that are more than 24 characters long are
    > continued
    > on the next printer line.
    > - The real and imaginary parts of complex numbers are printed on
    > separate
    > lines if they don't fit on the same line.
    > - Grobs are printed graphically.
    > - Arrays are printed with a numbered heading for each row and with a
    > column
    > number before each element.
    > For example, the 2 3 array
    > 1 2 3
    > 4 5 6
    > would be printed as follows:
    > Array (2 3)
    > Row 1
    > 1] 1
    > 2] 2
    > 3] 3
    > Row 2
    > 1] 4
    > 2] 5
    > 3] 6
    > Access: [RIGHT SHIFT][CAT][PR1]
    > Flags: I/O Device (-33), Printing Device (-34), Double-spaced Printing
    > (-37),
    > Linefeed (-38). If flag -34 is set, flag -33 must be clear.
    > Input/Output:
    > Lev.1/Arg.1 Lev.1/Item 1
    > object object
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    > Best regards.
    > Giancarlo

    Thanks everybody,though I didn't get why ILAP doesn't work properly. I
    need that function for my Control System exam. I'll just avoid using
    it and stick with the tables. Anyway, I'm just starting to use and
    program calculator,and I'm also new to RPN so I might have some more
    questions for dummies.

  7. Re: Few questions about HP 50g

    "articavenger" wrote in message
    news:1187653739.388282.235520@w3g2000hsg.googlegro ups.com...
    On Aug 20, 2:20 pm, Giancarlo
    wrote:
    > On 20 Ago, 02:12, articavenger wrote:
    >
    > > I'm a newbie with this calculator but I noticed some strange
    > > behaviour :

    > > 1. ILAP ain't working properly. When searching for ILAP(Kc/(S+1)^2) I
    > > get a wrong result.If I do LAP(result) I get Kc/(S+1), and than ILAP
    > > again the same result. Why?!

    Thanks everybody,though I didn't get why ILAP doesn't work properly. I
    need that function for my Control System exam. I'll just avoid using
    it and stick with the tables. Anyway, I'm just starting to use and
    program calculator,and I'm also new to RPN so I might have some more
    questions for dummies.

    If 'S' is your variable name then do 'S' STOVX 1st
    If 'MyVar' is the LAPlace, Integrate, REVX variable
    then do 'Test' STOVX and try again
    The Header shows typically
    RAD XYZ DEC R= 'X'
    or
    DEG R<< HEX C~ 'Test'

    RAD DEG is Angle unit
    XYZ R<< is Coord type
    DEC HEX is binary base
    R C is Real Complex
    = ~ is Exact (integers) vs. Approx
    'X' 'Text' is VX or Variable used in eXecution name
    maybe you guess the rest...

+ Reply to Thread