Command History - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Command History - Hewlett Packard ; Hi all, I just have a quick question about the command history. How do I enable it from within a program? The command HISTON? is in the manual but no commands on how to change it's state, i.e. HIST_ON, HIST_OFF ...

  1. Command History

    Hi all,
    I just have a quick question about the command history. How do I
    enable it from within a program? The command HISTON? is in the manual
    but no commands on how to change it's state, i.e. HIST_ON, HIST_OFF
    like with UNDO_ON/OFF.

    Thank you!

  2. Re: Command History

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:11:21 -0500, Mike Bryant wrote:

    > about the command history.

    This means only the saving
    of the four most recently edited command lines,
    which are then re-editable using the CMD keyboard function;
    the state of this option is toggled by the CMD label in 69 MENU

    > How do I enable it from within a program?
    > The command HISTON? is in the manual
    > but no commands on how to change it's state,
    > i.e. HIST_ON, HIST_OFF like with UNDO_ON/OFF.

    The ON/OFF entries appear to be unsupported,
    but the following (the menu key definition itself)
    will toggle the current state,
    which you can pre-test with HISTON?

    ( HP49/50/48gii/gs only )
    :: ROMPTR A8 3E CDRCOMP COMPEVAL ;

    ( HP48 S[X]/G[X/+] only )
    :: ROMPTR A8 3D CDRCOMP COMPEVAL ;

    In UserRPL: [replace ? with E or D, see above]
    \<< #A803?h LIBEVAL TAIL EVAL \>>

    Wouldn't you rather save a whole lot more than the last four command lines?

    49: http://groups.google.com/group/comp....859a719f2eae0d
    (use with Algebraic mode has long been disabled within later ROMs)

    48: http://groups.google.com/group/comp....7a340db55a37fe
    http://www.hpcalc.org/search.php?que...+AND+unlimited

    [r->] [OFF]

  3. Re: Command History

    Thank you so much!

    n converting my 48GX utils and such into 50g utils and such, something
    was disabling the LAST STACK and LAST COMMAND STACK, which STARTUP
    couldn't correct. Thanks to your help, I created a program that
    STARTUP can now invoke to turn them back on with a warmstart.

    Thank you again!

+ Reply to Thread