New HP 35s disappeared ! - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on New HP 35s disappeared ! - Hewlett Packard ; Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP 35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

  1. New HP 35s disappeared !

    Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

  2. New HP 35s disappeared !

    In article <1181303725.773877.53100@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.c om>,
    Herve Chappe wrote:
    >Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    >35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    >maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    >which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

    Luckily, I saved a copy of the datasheet...(:-)

    Seriously, does anyone know if this is supposed to be real?

    Craig

  3. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:31:41 -0500, Craig A. Finseth wrote:

    > Seriously, does anyone know if this is supposed to be real?

    It's even been snatched from the child's hands.

    Has it moved in with the Xpander?

    Maybe both will come back out -- married?

    http://hpmad.homeip.net/wedding/wedding_2/

    I wonder whether Jack Bauer suppressed it,
    for the sake of U.S. Home Security?

    Things like this have happened before, in wartime:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Never_Was
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049471/

    -[ ]-

  4. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    In article ,
    John H Meyers wrote:

    > On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:31:41 -0500, Craig A. Finseth wrote:
    >
    >> Seriously, does anyone know if this is supposed to be real?

    > It's even been snatched from the child's hands.
    >
    > Has it moved in with the Xpander?
    >
    > Maybe both will come back out -- married?
    >
    > http://hpmad.homeip.net/wedding/wedding_2/
    >
    > I wonder whether Jack Bauer suppressed it,
    > for the sake of U.S. Home Security?
    >
    > Things like this have happened before, in wartime:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Never_Was
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049471/

    Similar themes have been popular in the movies:

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053125/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060176/

    e-mail: pausch at stockholm dot bostream dot se
    WWW: http://stjarnhimlen.se/

  5. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    On Jun 8, 3:55 am, Herve Chappe wrote:
    > Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    > 35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    > maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    > which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

    it seemed like a hoax to me from the beginning...
    How unlikely would it be for HP to re-release an ancient
    calculator...???

  6. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:42:30 -0500, Paul Schlyter:

    > themes in the movies

    Ah yes, but "the man who never was" was actually real,
    although the identity he was given was not,
    and he, though not even alive, played a crucial role
    in the British/American Normandy invasion of World War II!

    The calculator issue of today may well be one of national security;
    after all, it may be far too powerful to allow to fall into the hands
    of enemy engineers, particularly if the dangerous device can be
    inconspicuously concealed within any shirt pocket.

    Say no more, lest the Men In Black be alerted.

    -[ ]-

  7. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    TranslucentAmoebae a écrit :
    > On Jun 8, 3:55 am, Herve Chappe wrote:
    >> Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    >> 35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    >> maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    >> which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

    > it seemed like a hoax to me from the beginning...
    > How unlikely would it be for HP to re-release an ancient
    > calculator...???

    I found a post somewhere suggesting that for that 35th anniversary HP
    should release a 33S style of machine repackaged in a 35s style of
    case, which was more or less what was announced.

    Let's just dream this WAS real, and the withdrawal is only to correct a
    too early announcement by a too enthousiastic french reseller :-)

    Herve

  8. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    "Herve Chappe" wrote in message
    > Let's just dream this WAS real, and the withdrawal is only to correct a too
    > early announcement by a too enthousiastic french reseller :-)

    I'm thinking it was real (and HP just made everyone pull their pages since it
    wasn't supposed to have been released yet); if it had been a hoax someone
    would have announced as much by now.

  9. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    > I'm thinking it was real (and HP just made everyone pull their pages since it
    > wasn't supposed to have been released yet); if it had been a hoax someone
    > would have announced as much by now.

    Of course it is real. Was I the only one to see the pictures of
    Cyrilles baby w/35s? How about this link:
    http://h40047.www4.hp.com/certificat...HSTNJ-KN01.pdf
    which is a regulatory filing on HPs site. They just contacted the
    distributors and other and probably asked them nicely to pull the info
    as it probably wasn't supposed to be released yet.

    Guess what! I just saw princess diana in the apollo videos. She's
    sitting on the grassy knoll with aliens. If you're going to pick a
    conspiracy to talk about, at least make it an interesting one.

    TW

  10. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    TW wrote:
    >> I'm thinking it was real (and HP just made everyone pull their pages since it
    >> wasn't supposed to have been released yet); if it had been a hoax someone
    >> would have announced as much by now.

    > Of course it is real. Was I the only one to see the pictures of
    > Cyrilles baby w/35s? How about this link:
    > http://h40047.www4.hp.com/certificat...HSTNJ-KN01.pdf
    > which is a regulatory filing on HPs site.

    But there's no date on it. HP's got to have one for the original HP 35s,
    my default assumption would be that this is for the original unless
    there was some indication otherwise.

    > They just contacted the
    > distributors and other and probably asked them nicely to pull the info
    > as it probably wasn't supposed to be released yet.

    Hopefully.

    > Guess what! I just saw princess diana in the apollo videos. She's
    > sitting on the grassy knoll with aliens. If you're going to pick a
    > conspiracy to talk about, at least make it an interesting one.

    Sorry, can't be, she was having lunch with elvis at the time.

    Cheers,

    Rich

    > TW

  11. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    [reflecting on history, not calculators]

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 16:19:31 -0500:

    > Normand[ie]

    Well, Sicily, actually -- who remembers? (not me!)

    This man is claimed to be "the man who never was"
    (a real body, but with false identity and false clues,
    planted to disinform about WWII invasion plans):
    http://us.geocities.com/manwhoneverwas/hom090.html

    On the tombstone is seen:

    "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulce_e...ro_patria_mori

    Not according to Wilfred Owen,
    British poet and officer, who died in World War I,
    having lived to the ripe old age of 25, after writing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulce_et_Decorum_Est

    The poem itself:
    http://www.warpoetry.co.uk/owen1.html
    http://www.potw.org/archive/potw3.html
    http://www.english.emory.edu/LostPoets/Dulce.html

    With other references and links:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....2d2643febffa00

    --

  12. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    Herve Chappe wrote:
    > Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    > 35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    > maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    > which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

    HAHAHA

    My revenge.

    Carly.

    lol
    lol
    lol
    lol

    Couldn't help myself, Mick C

  13. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    On Jun 8, 9:55 pm, Herve Chappe wrote:
    > Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    > 35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    > maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    > which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

    a bit of conspiracy theory
    HP released HP35s info to this small community to taste the water and
    to get some feedback/suggestions. see hpmuseum for some brilliant
    ones. now they are fixing the problems and there we go

    reth

  14. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    On the sales sheets given to HP calculator distributors and resellers,
    the 35S has a release date of August 1. As that date nears, we'll have
    a better feel if it is firm.

    Carl
    Samson Cables

  15. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    On Jun 9, 8:16 am, SamsonCables wrote:
    > On the sales sheets given to HP calculator distributors and resellers,
    > the 35S has a release date of August 1. As that date nears, we'll have
    > a better feel if it is firm.
    >
    > Carl
    > Samson Cables

    Since you chose to reveal the date which up till now was not
    publicized, do you expect to remain a reseller? :-)

  16. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    Other resellers (like Dynatech in Germany)
    indicated in advance when to expect the first HP50G shipments,
    but I think they may still be resellers
    (doesn't HP want to have sales?)

    HP supplied all this info in advance to its resellers;
    did it happen to tell them when to start displaying it?

    I wouldn't be surprised if not,
    or if any change was made after the fact,
    rather than at the outset -- or even
    if it was someone's mistake within HP.

    -[ ]-

  17. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    Wasn't there going to be some kind of presentation in Monte Carlo, a
    few weeks ago?? What came of that event?

    On Jun 9, 10:40 am, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > Other resellers (like Dynatech in Germany)
    > indicated in advance when to expect the first HP50G shipments,
    > but I think they may still be resellers
    > (doesn't HP want to have sales?)
    >
    > HP supplied all this info in advance to its resellers;
    > did it happen to tell them when to start displaying it?
    >
    > I wouldn't be surprised if not,
    > or if any change was made after the fact,
    > rather than at the outset -- or even
    > if it was someone's mistake within HP.
    >
    > -[ ]-

  18. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    greenchile505@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Wasn't there going to be some kind of presentation in Monte Carlo, a
    > few weeks ago?? What came of that event?

    Maybe it was just a simulation? :-)

    Cheers,

    Rich

    > On Jun 9, 10:40 am, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    >> Other resellers (like Dynatech in Germany)
    >> indicated in advance when to expect the first HP50G shipments,
    >> but I think they may still be resellers
    >> (doesn't HP want to have sales?)
    >>
    >> HP supplied all this info in advance to its resellers;
    >> did it happen to tell them when to start displaying it?
    >>
    >> I wouldn't be surprised if not,
    >> or if any change was made after the fact,
    >> rather than at the outset -- or even
    >> if it was someone's mistake within HP.
    >>
    >> -[ ]-

  19. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    On Jun 10, 3:40 am, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > Other resellers (like Dynatech in Germany)
    > indicated in advance when to expect the first HP50G shipments,
    > but I think they may still be resellers
    > (doesn't HP want to have sales?)
    >
    > HP supplied all this info in advance to its resellers;
    > did it happen to tell them when to start displaying it?
    >
    > I wouldn't be surprised if not,
    > or if any change was made after the fact,
    > rather than at the outset -- or even
    > if it was someone's mistake within HP.
    >
    > -[ ]-

    IMO that sort of info should not be so confidential - the fact that
    our very small community of HP RPN RPL fans makes a big deal out of it
    does not mean much globally;

    reth

  20. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    Guess what! I just saw princess diana in the apollo videos. She's
    > sitting on the grassy knoll with aliens. If you're going to pick a
    > conspiracy to talk about, at least make it an interesting one.

    nice ... :-)

    --
    Grumpy Aero Guy

    "TW" wrote in message
    news:1181343182.464606.211800@k79g2000hse.googlegr oups.com...
    >> I'm thinking it was real (and HP just made everyone pull their pages
    >> since it
    >> wasn't supposed to have been released yet); if it had been a hoax someone
    >> would have announced as much by now.

    > Of course it is real. Was I the only one to see the pictures of
    > Cyrilles baby w/35s? How about this link:
    > http://h40047.www4.hp.com/certificat...HSTNJ-KN01.pdf
    > which is a regulatory filing on HPs site. They just contacted the
    > distributors and other and probably asked them nicely to pull the info
    > as it probably wasn't supposed to be released yet.
    >
    > Guess what! I just saw princess diana in the apollo videos. She's
    > sitting on the grassy knoll with aliens. If you're going to pick a
    > conspiracy to talk about, at least make it an interesting one.
    >
    > TW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast