New HP 35s disappeared ! - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on New HP 35s disappeared ! - Hewlett Packard ; On Jun 8, 8:27 pm, Rich wrote: > TW wrote: > >> I'm thinking it was real (and HP just made everyone pull their pages since it > >> wasn't supposed to have been released yet); if it had been ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    On Jun 8, 8:27 pm, Rich wrote:
    > TW wrote:
    > >> I'm thinking it was real (and HP just made everyone pull their pages since it
    > >> wasn't supposed to have been released yet); if it had been a hoax someone
    > >> would have announced as much by now.

    > > Of course it is real. Was I the only one to see the pictures of
    > > Cyrilles baby w/35s? How about this link:
    > >http://h40047.www4.hp.com/certificat...mputers/handhe...
    > > which is a regulatory filing on HPs site.

    > But there's no date on it. HP's got to have one for the original HP 35s,
    > my default assumption would be that this is for the original unless
    > there was some indication otherwise.

    Sure there is a date on the form:
    Houston, TX
    4/19/2007

    And to date, HP has never sold a calculator under the name "HP 35s".

    Paraphrased from http://www.vintagecalculators.com/ht...lculator.html:
    The original unit didn't have a model number on it; subsequent
    releases referred to the unit as the "HEWLETT-PACKARD 35". When model
    numbers were standardized to always include both a letter and a
    number, the "HP 35A" was born out of bureaucratic necessity.

    Regards,
    Luke

    > Rich
    >
    > > TW

  2. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    lfmorrison@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> Of course it is real. Was I the only one to see the pictures of
    >>> Cyrilles baby w/35s? How about this link:
    >>> http://h40047.www4.hp.com/certificat...mputers/handhe...
    >>> which is a regulatory filing on HPs site.

    >> But there's no date on it. HP's got to have one for the original HP 35s,
    >> my default assumption would be that this is for the original unless
    >> there was some indication otherwise.

    > Sure there is a date on the form:
    > Houston, TX
    > 4/19/2007
    >
    > And to date, HP has never sold a calculator under the name "HP 35s".

    Mea culpa, for some reason I thought that was the name for the HP-35.

    Cheers,

    Rich

    > Paraphrased from http://www.vintagecalculators.com/ht...lculator.html:
    > The original unit didn't have a model number on it; subsequent
    > releases referred to the unit as the "HEWLETT-PACKARD 35". When model
    > numbers were standardized to always include both a letter and a
    > number, the "HP 35A" was born out of bureaucratic necessity.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Luke
    >> Rich
    >>
    >>> TW

  3. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    Craig A. Finseth wrote:

    > In article <1181303725.773877.53100@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.c om>,
    > Herve Chappe wrote:
    >>Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    >>35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    >>maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    >>which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

    > Luckily, I saved a copy of the datasheet...(:-)
    >
    > Seriously, does anyone know if this is supposed to be real?
    >
    > Craig

    Here's a funny exercise: According to the (disappeared) data sheet, the HP
    part number of the 35s is F2215A.

    1) Go to http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/prodserv.html .

    2) Click on "HP Parts" in the left-hand menu.

    3) Enter F2215A in either the top-right search field or the first one in the
    main frame.

    Voila! But they're still not orderable...

    --

    /Lennart

  4. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    The HP 35S is a real machine to be on sale next month, at least in
    Europe. Very likely it will replace the HP 33S. This information comes
    from a trustable dealer.

    Craig A. Finseth ha escrito:
    > In article <1181303725.773877.53100@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.c om>,
    > Herve Chappe wrote:
    > >Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    > >35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    > >maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    > >which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

    > Luckily, I saved a copy of the datasheet...(:-)
    >
    > Seriously, does anyone know if this is supposed to be real?
    >
    > Craig

  5. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    On Jun 13, 1:56 am, Lennart Börjeson wrote:
    > Craig A. Finseth wrote:
    > > In article <1181303725.773877.53...@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.c om>,
    > > Herve Chappe wrote:
    > >>Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    > >>35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    > >>maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    > >>which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

    > > Luckily, I saved a copy of the datasheet...(:-)

    > > Seriously, does anyone know if this is supposed to be real?

    > > Craig

    > Here's a funny exercise: According to the (disappeared) data sheet, the HP
    > part number of the 35s is F2215A.
    >
    > 1) Go tohttp://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/prodserv.html.
    >
    > 2) Click on "HP Parts" in the left-hand menu.
    >
    > 3) Enter F2215A in either the top-right search field or the first one in the
    > main frame.
    >
    > Voila! But they're still not orderable...
    >
    > --
    >
    > /Lennart

    this doesn't seem to work...
    more disinformation provided by the witches from the future, or are
    the xi.6 controllers still one step ahead of us...???

  6. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    > Here's a funny exercise: According to the (disappeared) data sheet, the HP
    > part number of the 35s is F2215A.
    >
    > 1) Go tohttp://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/prodserv.html.
    >
    > 2) Click on "HP Parts" in the left-hand menu.
    >
    > 3) Enter F2215A in either the top-right search field or the first one in
    > the
    > main frame.
    >
    > Voila! But they're still not orderable...
    >
    > --
    >
    > /Lennart

    : this doesn't seem to work...

    Works fine for me. It lists the 35S and the 35S without the manual.

    Bob

  7. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    "Herve Chappe" wrote:
    > Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    > 35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    > maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    > which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

    Ever hear of the "Osborne effect"?

    HP no doubt has an inventory of HP33s that it would like to actually sell.
    If it tells everyone that a better, cheaper or perhaps even just prettier
    calculator will be available in August, who's gonna buy an HP33s?
    --
    Dominic Richens | knob@storm.ca
    "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

  8. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    Dominic Richens wrote:
    > "Herve Chappe" wrote:
    >> Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    >> 35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    >> maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    >> which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

    > Ever hear of the "Osborne effect"?

    Didn't the same thing happen with Commodore's release of the C64?

    > HP no doubt has an inventory of HP33s that it would like to actually sell.
    > If it tells everyone that a better, cheaper or perhaps even just prettier
    > calculator will be available in August, who's gonna buy an HP33s?

    I missed the rollout of the HP-50G, was it's impending release in the
    newsgroups before the release?

    Cheers,

    Rich

  9. Re: New HP 35s disappeared !

    Rich wrote:
    > Dominic Richens wrote:
    >> "Herve Chappe" wrote:
    >>> Interestingly, ALL references, links, etc to the recently announced HP
    >>> 35s have disappeared, not only from the european importator SMS, which
    >>> maybe published it somewhat too fast, but also from all other sites
    >>> which relayed the information...Did Big HP Brother strike again ?

    >> Ever hear of the "Osborne effect"?

    > Didn't the same thing happen with Commodore's release of the C64?
    >
    >> HP no doubt has an inventory of HP33s that it would like to actually
    >> sell. If it tells everyone that a better, cheaper or perhaps even just
    >> prettier calculator will be available in August, who's gonna buy an
    >> HP33s?

    > I missed the rollout of the HP-50G, was it's impending release in the
    > newsgroups before the release?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Rich

    From memory there were rumors, and being from Australia I managed to