Poll for other languages: Your HP in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese ... - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Poll for other languages: Your HP in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese ... - Hewlett Packard ; Dear Group, As some of you might know the 49G is capable (to some degree) of three languages. I do not believe that the built in French and Spanish messages will be extended in the future because the ROM is ...

  1. Poll for other languages: Your HP in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese ...

    Dear Group,

    As some of you might know the 49G is capable (to some degree) of three
    languages. I do not believe that the built in French and Spanish
    messages will be extended in the future because the ROM is almost full
    and there are still errors in the ROM which should be fixed first by
    HP. Also HP doesn't seem to have any interests to make localized
    version of the 49G available.

    The system RPL word SETMSG allows exchanging of built-in messages
    arrays but is restricted to non covered memory. Furthermore the
    infamous STO bug resets the built-in messages if something is stored
    in a port.

    However, I have developed an engine for allowing translation of all
    built-in messages arrays (around 2100 to 2200). The engine is written
    in ML (around 600 Bytes). For acceleration it is
    loaded to a protected memory area at start and circumvents the STO
    bug. The messages can reside in any port. Once loaded, exchanging the
    message is fast, it slows down each key-press at around 0,2
    milliseconds and has gone through extensive testing and proven to be
    stable.

    Now, since it doesn't looks like HP is going to release complete
    language packs (not to mention to move the messages which are still
    hard coded in some built-in application to messages arrays) and since
    I already have enough trouble with my mother tongue and do not speak
    Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, I'd like to start a poll if you

    - would like to have a native speaking version of your 49G/49G+/50G
    (assuming that you're not a native English speaker)?
    - if you would like to have one, how much are you willing to pay for
    it? Developing the engine and translating all messages takes a lot of
    time and effort.
    - willing to help to translate the message to your preferred language
    (of course you'll get a copy of it ;-). A template source file for
    this is available on request.

    If you want to translate the built-in messages please keep the length
    of the translation in mind, if the translated text is to long for a
    message box it will be truncated, but a message longer than 32
    characters will crash the calc if used as a help string for the new
    IfMain2 engine, for example. Also the message might be to long for a
    field in an InformBox. So some creativity for translation is needed
    and also the use of some abbreviations...

    An example of a 49G running completely in German can be found on my
    website
    www.software49g.gmxhome.de.

    Greetings and TIA
    Andreas

  2. Re: Poll for other languages: Your HP in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese ...

    My mother language is spanish, I dont have any issue using the
    calculator in english (I hate the way the Texas calculators supports
    multilanguages changing functions and commands, for example:
    "Integrate" is "Integrar" in spanish) but I can help translating the
    resources of the HP.

  3. Re: Poll for other languages: Your HP in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese ...

    I'd like to help you translating messages in Italian or, at least,
    giving it a try!

    Ciao,

    Stefano

  4. Re: Poll for other languages: Your HP in Spanish, French, Italian,Portuguese ...

    Andreas Möller a écrit :
    > Dear Group,
    >
    > As some of you might know the 49G is capable (to some degree) of three
    > languages. I do not believe that the built in French and Spanish
    > messages will be extended in the future because the ROM is almost full
    > and there are still errors in the ROM which should be fixed first by
    > HP. Also HP doesn't seem to have any interests to make localized
    > version of the 49G available.
    >
    > The system RPL word SETMSG allows exchanging of built-in messages
    > arrays but is restricted to non covered memory. Furthermore the
    > infamous STO bug resets the built-in messages if something is stored
    > in a port.
    >
    > However, I have developed an engine for allowing translation of all
    > built-in messages arrays (around 2100 to 2200). The engine is written
    > in ML (around 600 Bytes). For acceleration it is
    > loaded to a protected memory area at start and circumvents the STO
    > bug. The messages can reside in any port. Once loaded, exchanging the
    > message is fast, it slows down each key-press at around 0,2
    > milliseconds and has gone through extensive testing and proven to be
    > stable.
    >
    > Now, since it doesn't looks like HP is going to release complete
    > language packs (not to mention to move the messages which are still
    > hard coded in some built-in application to messages arrays) and since
    > I already have enough trouble with my mother tongue and do not speak
    > Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, I'd like to start a poll if you
    >
    > - would like to have a native speaking version of your 49G/49G+/50G
    > (assuming that you're not a native English speaker)?
    > - if you would like to have one, how much are you willing to pay for
    > it? Developing the engine and translating all messages takes a lot of
    > time and effort.
    > - willing to help to translate the message to your preferred language
    > (of course you'll get a copy of it ;-). A template source file for
    > this is available on request.
    >
    > If you want to translate the built-in messages please keep the length
    > of the translation in mind, if the translated text is to long for a
    > message box it will be truncated, but a message longer than 32
    > characters will crash the calc if used as a help string for the new
    > IfMain2 engine, for example. Also the message might be to long for a
    > field in an InformBox. So some creativity for translation is needed
    > and also the use of some abbreviations...
    >
    > An example of a 49G running completely in German can be found on my
    > website
    > www.software49g.gmxhome.de.
    >
    > Greetings and TIA
    > Andreas

    Personnally I will always stick to the original english language.

    Herve,
    Paris, France

  5. Re: Poll for other languages: Your HP in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese ...

    Are all the non native english speakers in this group so satisfied
    with their calc running in English?

    Are you using your mobile telephone in English, too ?

    Come one, it is a one time investment to teach the calc another
    language...
    It memorizes very well ;-)

    Greetings
    Andreas
    http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

    On 6 Mai, 09:30, Herve Chappe
    wrote:
    > Andreas Möller a écrit :
    >

    > > Dear Group,

    > > As some of you might know the 49G is capable (to some degree) of three
    > > languages. I do not believe that the built in French and Spanish
    > > messages will be extended in the future because the ROM is almost full
    > > and there are still errors in the ROM which should be fixed first by
    > > HP. Also HP doesn't seem to have any interests to make localized
    > > version of the 49G available.

    > > The system RPL word SETMSG allows exchanging of built-in messages
    > > arrays but is restricted to non covered memory. Furthermore the
    > > infamous STO bug resets the built-in messages if something is stored
    > > in a port.

    > > However, I have developed an engine for allowing translation of all
    > > built-in messages arrays (around 2100 to 2200). The engine is written
    > > in ML (around 600 Bytes). For acceleration it is
    > > loaded to a protected memory area at start and circumvents the STO
    > > bug. The messages can reside in any port. Once loaded, exchanging the
    > > message is fast, it slows down each key-press at around 0,2
    > > milliseconds and has gone through extensive testing and proven to be
    > > stable.

    > > Now, since it doesn't looks like HP is going to release complete
    > > language packs (not to mention to move the messages which are still
    > > hard coded in some built-in application to messages arrays) and since
    > > I already have enough trouble with my mother tongue and do not speak
    > > Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, I'd like to start a poll if you

    > > - would like to have a native speaking version of your 49G/49G+/50G
    > > (assuming that you're not a native English speaker)?
    > > - if you would like to have one, how much are you willing to pay for
    > > it? Developing the engine and translating all messages takes a lot of
    > > time and effort.
    > > - willing to help to translate the message to your preferred language
    > > (of course you'll get a copy of it ;-). A template source file for
    > > this is available on request.

    > > If you want to translate the built-in messages please keep the length
    > > of the translation in mind, if the translated text is to long for a
    > > message box it will be truncated, but a message longer than 32
    > > characters will crash the calc if used as a help string for the new
    > > IfMain2 engine, for example. Also the message might be to long for a
    > > field in an InformBox. So some creativity for translation is needed
    > > and also the use of some abbreviations...

    > > An example of a 49G running completely in German can be found on my
    > > website
    > >www.software49g.gmxhome.de.

    > > Greetings and TIA
    > > Andreas

    > Personnally I will always stick to the original english language.
    >
    > Herve,
    > Paris, France

  6. Re: Poll for other languages: Your HP in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese ...

    Well, my mother language is Portuguese, so I could help with it.

    I wouldn't use it in portuguese but I'm sure most of the portuguese
    speaking people would....
    And there is a lot of HPs at the brazilian engineering universities.

    Send me and e-mail with the file and I'll see how much time it's going
    to take to do it....

  7. Re: Poll for other languages: Your HP in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese ...

    Hello Rodrigo,

    did you get my mail ?

    Greetings
    Andreas

    On 18 Mai, 03:18, rodrigoob...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Well, my mother language is Portuguese, so I could help with it.
    >
    > I wouldn't use it in portuguese but I'm sure most of the portuguese
    > speaking people would....
    > And there is a lot of HPs at the brazilian engineering universities.
    >
    > Send me and e-mail with the file and I'll see how much time it's going
    > to take to do it....

  8. Re: Poll for other languages: Your HP in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese ...

    On 5 Mag, 23:28, Andreas Möller wrote:
    > Dear Group,
    >
    > As some of you might know the 49G is capable (to some degree) of three
    > languages. I do not believe that the built in French and Spanish
    > messages will be extended in the future because the ROM is almost full
    > and there are still errors in the ROM which should be fixed first by
    > HP. Also HP doesn't seem to have any interests to make localized
    > version of the 49G available.
    >
    > The system RPL word SETMSG allows exchanging of built-in messages
    > arrays but is restricted to non covered memory. Furthermore the
    > infamous STO bug resets the built-in messages if something is stored
    > in a port.
    >
    > However, I have developed an engine for allowing translation of all
    > built-in messages arrays (around 2100 to 2200). The engine is written
    > in ML (around 600 Bytes). For acceleration it is
    > loaded to a protected memory area at start and circumvents the STO
    > bug. The messages can reside in any port. Once loaded, exchanging the
    > message is fast, it slows down each key-press at around 0,2
    > milliseconds and has gone through extensive testing and proven to be
    > stable.
    >
    > Now, since it doesn't looks like HP is going to release complete
    > language packs (not to mention to move the messages which are still
    > hard coded in some built-in application to messages arrays) and since
    > I already have enough trouble with my mother tongue and do not speak
    > Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, I'd like to start a poll if you
    >
    > - would like to have a native speaking version of your 49G/49G+/50G
    > (assuming that you're not a native English speaker)?
    > - if you would like to have one, how much are you willing to pay for
    > it? Developing the engine and translating all messages takes a lot of
    > time and effort.
    > - willing to help to translate the message to your preferred language
    > (of course you'll get a copy of it ;-). A template source file for
    > this is available on request.
    >
    > If you want to translate the built-in messages please keep the length
    > of the translation in mind, if the translated text is to long for a
    > message box it will be truncated, but a message longer than 32
    > characters will crash the calc if used as a help string for the new
    > IfMain2 engine, for example. Also the message might be to long for a
    > field in an InformBox. So some creativity for translation is needed
    > and also the use of some abbreviations...
    >
    > An example of a 49G running completely in German can be found on my
    > websitewww.software49g.gmxhome.de.
    >
    > Greetings and TIA
    > Andreas

    Hi Andreas.
    Even though a suport for Italian labguage has already been ofered by
    Stefano earlier in this thread, I'd like to offer mine too (if still
    required).
    Please feel free to send me a chunk of the messages you need to be
    translated in italian, along with any recommendation you may feel
    appropriate (please consider that my support would be limited to the
    bare translation, because as a SysRPL user I'm still at the starting
    line ;-)
    Best regards.
    Giuancarlo

  9. Re: Poll for other languages: Your HP in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese ...

    "Andreas Möller" wrote in message
    news:1178400522.480507.70470@u30g2000hsc.googlegro ups.com...
    > Dear Group,

    > However, I have developed an engine for allowing translation of all
    > built-in messages arrays (around 2100 to 2200). The engine is written
    > in ML (around 600 Bytes). For acceleration it is
    > loaded to a protected memory area at start and circumvents the STO
    > bug. The messages can reside in any port. Once loaded, exchanging the
    > message is fast, it slows down each key-press at around 0,2
    > milliseconds and has gone through extensive testing and proven to be
    > stable.

    > An example of a 49G running completely in German can be found on my
    > website
    > www.software49g.gmxhome.de.
    >
    > Greetings and TIA
    > Andreas