help with MK..... - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on help with MK..... - Hewlett Packard ; Hi guys, I just downloaded MK to my calcultor, I followed the setup instructions, but when I tried to execute recv.ker it gives me " THEN error". I just put the name MKRAM.KER on the stack and hit RECV.KER on ...

  1. help with MK.....

    Hi guys, I just downloaded MK to my calcultor, I followed the setup
    instructions, but when I tried to execute recv.ker it gives me " THEN
    error". I just put the name MKRAM.KER on the stack and hit RECV.KER on
    the VAR softkeys.
    thanksin advance for your help

  2. Re: help with MK.....

    J.Chen wrote:
    > Hi guys, I just downloaded MK to my calcultor, I followed the setup
    > instructions, but when I tried to execute recv.ker it gives me " THEN
    > error". I just put the name MKRAM.KER on the stack and hit RECV.KER on
    > the VAR softkeys.
    > thanksin advance for your help

    Make sure you put the name 'MKRAM.KER' on the stack as to show like this:
    1: 'MKRAM.KER'

    or whatever names you use to download the file.

    Please read carefully this file before installing the Meta Kernel

    A 128 Kb RAM card (or 256 or 512) is needed to install the Meta Kernel.
    1-Unprotect the card if necessary and merge it with MERGE1 (in the Left
    shift-Library menu).

    2-Empty the whole port 0. For instructions, read chapter 28 of the
    User's Guide.
    If there is no important data in your calculator, it is easier to
    initialize it by pressing simultaneously the keys ON, A and F, and
    answering NO.

    3-Transfer the program named RECV.KER from the PC to the calculator,
    with XMODEM or KERMIT.

    4-Then transfer the file MKRAM.KER. XMODEM is recommended, because of
    the huge size of this file. In order to use XMODEM, with an HP48 REV R,
    just use the built-in command XRECV. With an HP48 REV M or P, first send
    the file XRECV.PRG from the PC to the calculator, then use it as if it
    was the standard XRECV command.

    5-On the calculator, put the name of this file on the stack.
    and execute the program RECV.KER.

    6-After a short time, the Meta Kernel is installed.

+ Reply to Thread