Mutli equation solver MES on hp48 and hp50 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Mutli equation solver MES on hp48 and hp50 - Hewlett Packard ; In my past school years i use to love using the MES on my hp48, one thing that i remeber is that i could see the equations on the top line, also remember srcrolling to the next eq. with th ...

  1. Mutli equation solver MES on hp48 and hp50

    In my past school years i use to love using the MES on my hp48, one
    thing that i remeber is that i could see the equations on the top
    line, also remember srcrolling to the next eq. with th nxt button.
    Well the reason of why i post to this group is to ask out to anybody
    is it possible to do this in the new hp50, becuse i can't figure out
    how to do it.

    thank you all

  2. Re: Mutli equation solver MES on hp48 and hp50

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:02:37 -0500:

    > In my past school years i use to love using the MES on my hp48.
    > one thing that i remember is that i could see the equations on the top
    > line, also remember scrolling to the next eq. with the nxt button.

    Do mean a menu key labeled [NXEQ]?

    That's a feature of the single-equation numeric solver (30 MENU),
    which can also handle one equation at a time in a list of equations,
    using NXEQ to change which equation is selected.

    The complete specs for that mode are still as in the HP48G user guide,
    available as a (large 19MB) PDF file:
    http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=3937
    http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/misc/hp48gug.zip

    The Multiple Equation Solver (MES) is also still built-in,
    still as it was in the HP48G, again as found in that manual.

    The numerical solver and MES are also described in the
    HP50G User Guide PDF, but perhaps not as completely
    as in the 48G User Guide, which oddly enough
    remains an authoritative and complete source,
    even for some features of the latest calculators.

    [r->] [OFF]

  3. Re: Mutli equation solver MES on hp48 and hp50

    On Apr 20, 5:29 pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:02:37 -0500:
    >
    > > In my past school years i use to love using the MES on my hp48.
    > > one thing that i remember is that i could see the equations on the top
    > > line, also remember scrolling to the next eq. with the nxt button.

    > Do mean a menu key labeled [NXEQ]?
    >
    > That's a feature of the single-equation numeric solver (30 MENU),
    > which can also handle one equation at a time in a list of equations,
    > using NXEQ to change which equation is selected.
    >
    > The complete specs for that mode are still as in the HP48G user guide,
    > available as a (large 19MB) PDF file:http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id...sc/hp48gug.zip
    >
    > The Multiple Equation Solver (MES) is also still built-in,
    > still as it was in the HP48G, again as found in that manual.
    >
    > The numerical solver and MES are also described in the
    > HP50G User Guide PDF, but perhaps not as completely
    > as in the 48G User Guide, which oddly enough
    > remains an authoritative and complete source,
    > even for some features of the latest calculators.
    >
    > [r->] [OFF]

    ThaNK you very much this what i was missing is there a way to get
    there without the 30 menu?

  4. Re: Mutli equation solver MES on hp48 and hp50

    > ThaNK you very much this what i was missing is there a way to get
    > there without the 30 menu?

    ?

    <<30 MENU>> :-)

    TW