HP50G Serial Cable: En Route - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP50G Serial Cable: En Route - Hewlett Packard ; After a long wait, it appears that an HP50G serial cable is on its way to my front door. I'll let you know how it works with my Fluke equipment in a couple of days after it arrives. I purchased ...

  1. HP50G Serial Cable: En Route

    After a long wait, it appears that an HP50G serial cable is on its way
    to my front door. I'll let you know how it works with my Fluke
    equipment in a couple of days after it arrives. I purchased the cable
    that SamsonCables made. I never got around to building one for myself
    and found this to be the best alternative--I like that the Samson
    cable powers down. I'm sure my design would have not done that.

    --Scott

  2. Re: HP50G Serial Cable: En Route

    Cable works okay when connected to PC and using the Conn4x
    connectivity kit. However, it seems that I can't get the Conn4x to
    work properly at 9600 baud or less. Not sure if it's a Conn4x thing
    or a calculator/cable thing.

    Connecting the cable directly to my oscilloscope to make measurements
    has proved impossible at this point. I'm not sure if the cable
    requires a signal from the DTE computer (like DTR) in order to
    activate the conversion circuitry. I know the cable works but I am
    not sure how to get it working when just connected to the calculator.
    Not sure how the circuit looks for an active RS232 line from the
    calculator.

    It looks like I'll have to ask for some information from Samson
    Cables; for any of you beta testers, were you able to get the cable to
    work standalone on the calculator?

    --Scott

+ Reply to Thread