Problems with ASC...??? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Problems with ASC...??? - Hewlett Packard ; So i found that i'd posted my FILL program ( in machine code, written by Paul Oelund ) in ASC format; to this newsgroup, but i can't get the decrypting ASC routine to work... i find it curious ( annoying ...

  1. Problems with ASC...???

    So i found that i'd posted my FILL program ( in machine code, written
    by Paul Oelund ) in ASC format; to this newsgroup, but i can't get the
    decrypting ASC routine to work...
    i find it curious ( annoying ) that there is not a BYTES checksum
    posted with it in the FAQ...!!! It does mention that there might be
    'problems' with trying to get it to work, but i don't have the ability
    to download the 'other' versions directly to my 48... What might be
    preventing it from working...???
    thanx!

  2. Re: Problems with ASC...???

    > i find it curious ( annoying ) that there is not a BYTES checksum
    > posted with it in the FAQ...!!!

    According to the TASC program on Goodies Disk #8, the checksum for the
    ASC *directory* is # 5B35h, and the byte size is 438.5.

    I'm sorry but I don't know the checksum of the ASC creator program.

    -Joe-

  3. Re: Problems with ASC...???

    On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:51:31 -0500, TA wrote:

    [about Bill Wickes' HP48 ASC programs, which are also in HP48 FAQ]

    Again?

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....482df05e57e4fc

    Also here, in both source and transferable binary:
    http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=2377
    http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/utils/memory/asc.zip

    [r->] [OFF]

  4. Re: Problems with ASC...???

    On Apr 17, 12:03 pm, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:51:31 -0500, TA wrote:
    >
    > [about Bill Wickes' HP48 ASC programs, which are also in HP48 FAQ]
    >
    > Again?
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....ead/thread/9b4...
    >
    > Also here, in both source and transferable binary:http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id...memory/asc.zip
    >
    > [r->] [OFF]

    Oops...!!! i find this very curious that i would have posted this
    question as ( ta ) in 2005... my situation then should not have
    preticipated (???) this...???
    very odd.

+ Reply to Thread