33s and its dam buttons. - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on 33s and its dam buttons. - Hewlett Packard ; I am a Engineering student, computer & electrical engineering to be exact. I currently have a Hp 50G and a HP 33s. These 2 are my main calculators and are usually both in my pack. In all my classes I ...

  1. 33s and its dam buttons.

    I am a Engineering student, computer & electrical engineering to be
    exact. I currently have a Hp 50G and a HP 33s. These 2 are my main
    calculators and are usually both in my pack. In all my classes I just
    use the 50G, but In my calculus and math classes we can just use a
    scientific. I used to use the 33s exclusively and I guess i got used to
    it, but one I got m 50g I am having trouble going back and forth. I
    think the problem is pretty much the 33s's enter/return key not being at
    the far right bottom like almost every other calculator, as we all know
    the 33s has its return key one column in and when I go from calculator
    to calculator I keep pressing the plus sign instead of enter. This
    causes simples equations to become a nightmare. It makes me have to do
    the same equation over again and then sometimes a 3rd time to check my
    work. The reason I originally chose the 33s is that I was a freshman
    and just went to university and well alot of guys were telling me how
    great HP was, so I went with em. I am happy with my choices, especially
    with the 50G. I also picked the 33s as well if I were to take my FE and
    PE exams, It is the most powerful thing around. In terms of what is
    allowed on that exam. ZIm just not sure i should keep the 33s or go
    with something new.

  2. Re: 33s and its dam buttons.

    The 33s is the only RPN calc. allowed on the FE and PE exams now.

    The ENTER key has not been in the correct place since they moved it to the
    lower right side of the keyboard. If that is where they are going to put it,
    it should a least be the same on all calcs. I have a 49G+, but use my 48
    most of the time because the ENTER key is where I am use too. Then I had to
    pick up a 33s for the PE exam. I hate it so bad I went and got a Casio FX115
    MS. The Casio has built in similtanious equations. The 33s can do it with a
    program from the manual, but the state of Virginia requires the calc memory
    be cleared when you enter the exam room. I have also noticed some missed
    keystrokes on my 33s, and there is not enough time during an exam to
    calculate things two or three times.

    "Vincent" wrote in message
    news:3vKdnYdvUMWpdr_bnZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >I am a Engineering student, computer & electrical engineering to be exact.
    >I currently have a Hp 50G and a HP 33s. These 2 are my main calculators and
    >are usually both in my pack. In all my classes I just use the 50G, but In
    >my calculus and math classes we can just use a scientific. I used to use
    >the 33s exclusively and I guess i got used to it, but one I got m 50g I am
    >having trouble going back and forth. I think the problem is pretty much
    >the 33s's enter/return key not being at the far right bottom like almost
    >every other calculator, as we all know the 33s has its return key one
    >column in and when I go from calculator to calculator I keep pressing the
    >plus sign instead of enter. This causes simples equations to become a
    >nightmare. It makes me have to do the same equation over again and then
    >sometimes a 3rd time to check my work. The reason I originally chose the
    >33s is that I was a freshman and just went to university and well alot of
    >guys were telling me how great HP was, so I went with em. I am happy with
    >my choices, especially with the 50G. I also picked the 33s as well if I
    >were to take my FE and PE exams, It is the most powerful thing around. In
    >terms of what is allowed on that exam. ZIm just not sure i should keep
    >the 33s or go with something new.

  3. Re: 33s and its dam buttons.

    I had a similiar problem with two calculators several years ago. This
    is going to sound strange but the way I solved the problem was to take
    a piece of course sand paper and cut little squares that fit onto the
    enter keys. I attached these with double sticky back tape, with the
    course sand side up. The new and different color and feel of the
    enter buttons solved my problem. Eventually I took the little pieces
    of sandpaper off as I no longer needed these reminders. Although I
    didn't try it, I later thought that perhaps just sticking little
    pieces of masking take to the enter buttons would provide the same
    effect. It's just a matter of forming the correct habits.

  4. Re: 33s and its dam buttons.

    On Apr 16, 8:58 am, "Kevin" wrote:
    > The ENTER key has not been in the correct place... I have a 49G+, but use my 48
    > most of the time because the ENTER key is where I am use too.

    There is a pretty easy (functional) fix for this.. If you follow the
    link below, and read my reply dated Apr 13 2006, you may end up using
    your 49G+ more often

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....a914b0e37271e9

    mk

+ Reply to Thread