Newbie question : write functions on computer then send to hp49G+ - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Newbie question : write functions on computer then send to hp49G+ - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, For my exams, I often require to enter rather big functions and this takes too much time. I know I can define functions in the hp49g+ using the 'define' function of the calculator, but again, I have quite a ...

  1. Newbie question : write functions on computer then send to hp49G+

    Hello,

    For my exams, I often require to enter rather big functions and this
    takes too much time. I know I can define functions in the hp49g+ using
    the 'define' function of the calculator, but again, I have quite a lot
    of functions in my courses to define, and I'd like to write them on my
    computer then transmits everything on the calculator memory. I'm quite
    new to the HP calculators to be honest, and I don't know how to do
    this.
    Can someone help me ?

  2. Re: Newbie question : write functions on computer then send to hp49G+

    On 15 avr, 15:23, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 05:14:23 -0500, Seb_Lz wrote:
    > > For my exams, I often require to enter rather big functions and this
    > > takes too much time. I know I can define functions in the hp49g+ using
    > > the 'define' function of the calculator, but again, I have quite a lot
    > > of functions in my courses to define, and I'd like to write them on my
    > > computer then transmit everything on the calculator memory.

    > Since it is easier to use DEFINE than to create the program
    > which DEFINE creates for you from an expression
    > (which is why the DEFINE command exists),
    > you can write one program containing many DEFINE commands,
    > then transfer that program to the calculator and run it.
    >
    > For example (including comments preceded by "@"):
    >
    > %%HP: T(3); @ Header line for ascii transfer
    >
    > \<< @ start of program
    >
    > @ Energy equivalent of mass
    > 'ENRGY(m)=m*SQ(UVAL(CONST(c)))' DEFINE
    >
    > @ A hard way to get FACT(x) for real x > -1
    > @ (best for *small* args only
    > 'FACTX(x)=\.S(0,1,ABS(LN(z))^x,z)' DEFINE
    >
    > -3 SF 4 FIX @ for numeric integration
    >
    > @ Evaluate a polynomial of degree 3
    > 'POLY3(a0,a1,a2,a3,x)=a0+a1*x+a2*x^2+a3*x^3' DEFINE
    >
    > \>> @ end of program
    >
    > Now transfer entire program to any name on calc and run it
    > (original program may be discarded after running once,
    > which will create individual variables for each function).
    >
    > Or you can create a directory of function programs instead
    > (the set of individual programs which DEFINE would have created):
    >
    > %%HP: T(3); @ Header line for ascii transfer
    >
    > DIR @ start directory
    >
    > ENRGY \<< \-> m 'm*SQ(UVAL(CONST(c)))' \>>
    >
    > FACTX \<< \-> x '\.S(0,1,ABS(LN(z))^x,z)' \>>
    >
    > POLY3 \<< \-> a0 a1 a2 a3 x 'a0+a1*x+a2*x^2+a3*x^3' \>>
    >
    > END @ end directory

    Thanks a lot for your answer! I'll try that tonight when I'm back near
    uni.

+ Reply to Thread