CMD key - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on CMD key - Hewlett Packard ; I note that if one is in Algebraic mode, pressing the CMD command, will list the last four commands used. However, using the RPN mode, only the last four 'arguments' are listed. I prefer using RPN with the soft menus, ...

  1. CMD key

    I note that if one is in Algebraic mode, pressing the CMD command,
    will list the last four commands used. However, using the RPN mode,
    only the last four 'arguments' are listed. I prefer using RPN with the
    soft menus, since I think they are easier and probably faster.
    When I use a command for a while, I will create a custom menu in that
    directory.
    Question: has anyone figured out a way to allow the CMD command
    (listing the last four commands used) in RPN mode? Is there a flag
    that one can set? Or a program one can input?
    Thanks for your time responding to this question.

  2. Re: CMD key

    [The following generally applies to all HP48/49/50]

    On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 19:24:13 -0500, Beauzeau wrote:

    > I note that if one is in Algebraic mode, pressing the CMD command,
    > will list the last four commands used. However, using the RPN mode,
    > only the last four 'arguments' are listed.

    It's the last four entries made using the built-in editor,
    regardless of what you edited; in ALG mode
    you tend to include command arguments within each line,
    as ALG syntax demands, whereas in RPN mode,
    you are free to type all arguments followed by a command name
    before completing an editor session, if you like,
    but if you press ENTER after every individual
    argument, then use a command key which acts
    "immediately" (rather than editing its name),
    you'll end up with argument items being saved individually.

    Another RPN alternative is to enter algebraic expressions,
    e.g. 'SIN(30)' and then EVAL them to get answers,
    or to use a program which saves every function and its arguments
    on the stack, so that you can repeat or edit it
    just as in ALG mode, e.g.:

    @ RPN mode simple "Function trace" program [HP48/49/50]
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....2?dmode=source

    More unusual "algebraic" function trace programs for 50/49/48Gii only:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....f?dmode=source
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....1?dmode=source

    > I prefer using RPN with the soft menus,
    > since I think they are easier and probably faster.

    I think your opinion will be "seconded" by most readers here.

    > When I use a command for a while,
    > I will create a custom menu in that directory.

    "Custom" menus are indeed a very nice (and probably under-utilized)
    feature; the fact that in any directory not having its own
    CST menu, the calc looks to higher directories to find one,
    means that you can also put one universal "default" menu into HOME.

    > Question: has anyone figured out a way to allow the CMD command
    > (listing the last four commands used) in RPN mode?Is there a flag thatone can set? Or a program one can input?

    The automatic recording of every completed edit is automatic
    (although it can be turned on/off in Menu 69, via a setting
    which has no corresponding flag).

    If you want command names to be inserted while editing,
    you must do something which turns on "PRG" (program editing mode);
    this mode is turned on automatically when you start entering
    or editing a \<> or a {list} or a :tag:
    but you can also force that mode at any time
    via the R.S. ENTRY keyboard operation
    (or by starting an edit using "Text Editor" in the APPS menu)

    If you would also like to increase the number of saved entries
    from just four up to hundreds, here's a program:

    "Save unlimited command-line entries [HP49 version]"
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....d?dmode=source

    "Save unlimited Last Commands [HP48 version]"
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....e?dmode=source
    http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=2821
    http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/utils/misc/lastcomd.zip

    NOTE: You should make a memory backup *before* using these programs
    (in case of harmful error in using "system" functions or their addresses).

    [r->] [OFF]

+ Reply to Thread