Non USB Buss powered RS232 to USB cable - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Non USB Buss powered RS232 to USB cable - Hewlett Packard ; Does anyone know where I can get an non USB Buss powered RS232 to USB cable? I would prefer one that can be powered by an AC adapter and a battery pack for field use. Nine pin on the serial ...

  1. Non USB Buss powered RS232 to USB cable

    Does anyone know where I can get an non USB Buss powered RS232 to USB
    cable? I would prefer one that can be powered by an AC adapter and a
    battery pack for field use. Nine pin on the serial end preferred, but
    25 pin OK, since there are loads of adapters out there for this.
    Harold A Climer
    University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
    Dept of Physics,Geology,& Astronomy
    Room 309 Grote Hall
    615 McCallie Ave
    Chattanooga TN 37403
    Harold-Climer@utc.edu

  2. Re: Non USB Buss powered RS232 to USB cable

    On Apr 4, 9:49 am, Harold A Climer wrote:
    > Does anyone know where I can get an non USB Buss powered RS232 to USB
    > cable? I would prefer one that can be powered by an AC adapter and a
    > battery pack for field use. Nine pin on the serial end preferred, but
    > 25 pin OK, since there are loads of adapters out there for this.
    > Harold A Climer
    > University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
    > Dept of Physics,Geology,& Astronomy
    > Room 309 Grote Hall
    > 615 McCallie Ave
    > Chattanooga TN 37403
    > Harold-Cli...@utc.edu

    I am not sure what the RS232 is, but I bought a 9 pin serial to USB
    cable from Radio Shack.

  3. Re: Non USB Buss powered RS232 to USB cable

    On 4 Apr 2007 16:01:02 -0700, twilsonj@sbcglobal.net wrote:

    >On Apr 4, 9:49 am, Harold A Climer wrote:
    >> Does anyone know where I can get an non USB Buss powered RS232 to USB
    >> cable? I would prefer one that can be powered by an AC adapter and a
    >> battery pack for field use. Nine pin on the serial end preferred, but
    >> 25 pin OK, since there are loads of adapters out there for this.
    >> Harold A Climer
    >> University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
    >> Dept of Physics,Geology,& Astronomy
    >> Room 309 Grote Hall
    >> 615 McCallie Ave
    >> Chattanooga TN 37403
    >> Harold-Cli...@utc.edu

    >I am not sure what the RS232 is, but I bought a 9 pin serial to USB
    >cable from Radio Shack.

    I want one that can be powered by a an AC adapter or battery pack, not
    from the computer.
    Harold A. Climer
    Dept,Of Physics,Geology & Astronomy
    U.T.Chattanooga