HP 50 G Manual - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP 50 G Manual - Hewlett Packard ; After my 48G+ was stolen a number of years ago, I have been without a calculator. I finally took the plunge and got a 50G. So far so good. I'd like to get a hard copy of the nearly 900 ...

  1. HP 50 G Manual

    After my 48G+ was stolen a number of years ago, I have been without a
    calculator. I finally took the plunge and got a 50G. So far so good.

    I'd like to get a hard copy of the nearly 900 page user's guide
    without having to hit print. Is there any place I can order a hard
    copy?

    I didn't see it available on HP's web iste, and hpcalc.org doesn't
    seem to give me a direction.

    Thanks,

    Rob

  2. Re: HP 50 G Manual

    rmcdo1@gmail.com wrote:
    > After my 48G+ was stolen a number of years ago, I have been without a
    > calculator. I finally took the plunge and got a 50G. So far so good.
    >
    > I'd like to get a hard copy of the nearly 900 page user's guide
    > without having to hit print. Is there any place I can order a hard
    > copy?
    >
    > I didn't see it available on HP's web iste, and hpcalc.org doesn't
    > seem to give me a direction.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rob

    http://hp50g.pbwiki.com/faq

    Regs; feel free to add to the faq comment.
    Mick C

  3. Re: HP 50 G Manual

    On Apr 3, 12:59 am, Michael wrote:
    > rmc...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > After my 48G+ was stolen a number of years ago, I have been without a
    > > calculator. I finally took the plunge and got a 50G. So far so good.

    > > I'd like to get a hard copy of the nearly 900 page user's guide
    > > without having to hit print. Is there any place I can order a hard
    > > copy?

    > > I didn't see it available on HP's web iste, and hpcalc.org doesn't
    > > seem to give me a direction.

    > > Thanks,

    > > Rob

    > http://hp50g.pbwiki.com/faq
    >
    > Regs; feel free to add to the faq comment.
    > Mick C

    I had the same problem when I bought my 50g. There just isn't a very
    good alternative to printing out the manual. While I like my 50g, in
    typical HP fashion the service after the sale stinks. I thought that
    this manual problem would be fixed after the evil witch that ran the
    place got fired but apparently the firings didn't go deep enough!

  4. Re: HP 50 G Manual

    I took all of the PDF files (on a 2GB USB flash stick) to Office Max
    and they did a great job of printing them all up for me. The final
    products were six spiral-bound manuals averaging about 500 pages,
    along with two spiral bound pocket guides. Office Max did a very
    professional job and the manuals look great.

    - LW

  5. Re: HP 50 G Manual

    You can try online service:

    http://www.printfu.org/

    They print from either uploaded PDF or form WWW link to PDF and send
    you printed copy home. I've tried this service for HP50 manual and got
    it in five days in one thick book spiral-bound (8.5 x 11 size). The
    price was about 35 USD. You can actually find out the cost using their
    website. They have sort of price calculator there.

    Then only downside is that they don't print in color but the price is
    on the other hand very attractive.

    JAM

  6. Re: HP 50 G Manual

    On 3 abr, 11:38, "Lone Wolfy" wrote:
    > I took all of the PDF files (on a 2GB USB flash stick) to Office Max
    > and they did a great job of printing them all up for me. The final
    > products were six spiral-bound manuals averaging about 500 pages,
    > along with two spiral bound pocket guides. Office Max did a very
    > professional job and the manuals look great.
    >
    > - LW

    .... and how much it cost to you ?

    Daniel

  7. Re: HP 50 G Manual

    On Apr 4, 1:19 pm, "Dueño de Monte" wrote:
    > ... and how much it cost to you ?

    Hi Daniel!

    I live in Hillsboro, Missouri, USA, and it cost me $130.98.

    - LW

  8. Re: HP 50 G Manual

    On 4 abr, 14:30, "Lone Wolfy" wrote:
    > On Apr 4, 1:19 pm, "Dueño de Monte" wrote:
    >
    > > ... and how much it cost to you ?

    > Hi Daniel!
    >
    > I live in Hillsboro, Missouri, USA, and it cost me $130.98.
    >
    > - LW

    Hmmm..... as much as your HP50G .... ! ! !

    Well, now you have no reason to explore it all the way it can go....
    with your effort.

    Daniel.

  9. Re: HP 50 G Manual

    On Apr 3, 2:20 am, rmc...@gmail.com wrote:
    > After my 48G+ was stolen a number of years ago, I have been without a
    > calculator. I finally took the plunge and got a 50G. So far so good.
    >
    > I'd like to get a hard copy of the nearly 900 page user's guide
    > without having to hit print. Is there any place I can order a hard
    > copy?
    >
    > I didn't see it available on HP's web iste, and hpcalc.org doesn't
    > seem to give me a direction.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rob

    By the way, the HP-49G+ manuals cover essentially the same machine.
    There's an Advanced User's Guide (2.9MB), a User's Guide (11MB), and a
    User's Manual (3MB).

    Just off hand, I don't know if they're all (still) available on the hp
    site.

  10. Re: HP 50 G Manual

    I got mine printed at a Local print shop and it was binded and
    everything for $4.95

    $130 is insane and you were just paying an office max price. A mom
    and pop print shop maybe on a college campus would usually do a better
    job, use better materials and be much cheaper.

  11. Re: HP 50 G Manual

    On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 09:09:11 -0500:

    > I got mine printed at a Local print shop
    > and it was binded and everything for $4.95

    Pretty good deal for 900 pages
    (or was that the 184-page "User's Manual"?)

    My latest PDF's contain:

    User's Manual: 184 pages
    AUR: 653 pages
    User's Guide: 887 pages

    For the best deal possible,
    hand the shop an HP33S (with the hard to see decimal point)
    to calculate the cost

    -[ ]-

+ Reply to Thread