Making the alarm work even when off - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Making the alarm work even when off - Hewlett Packard ; Hi! Maybe that is a silly questions, but I'm not too expert at the various and sometimes complicated functions the hp 50g has. I wonder if it is possible to make the alarm sound even when the calculator is switched ...

  1. Making the alarm work even when off

    Hi! Maybe that is a silly questions, but I'm not too expert at the
    various and sometimes complicated functions the hp 50g has. I wonder
    if it is possible to make the alarm sound even when the calculator is
    switched off. It could be useful then to use the calculator like a
    kind of electronic agenda. Thanks to those who will answer me!

    Giovanni

  2. Re: Making the alarm work even when off

    Giovanni wrote:

    > I wonder if it is possible to make the alarm sound even when
    > the calculator is switched off.

    Alarms automatically turn the calculator on when they come due. If
    you want the calculator to turn off immediately after handling the
    alarm, just include the OFF command in the program that the alarm
    runs.

    Hope that helps!

    -Joe-

  3. Re: Making the alarm work even when off

    Joe Horn ha scritto:
    > Alarms automatically turn the calculator on when they come due.

    Well, that is the problem! My hp 50g doesn't automatically turn on
    when the alarm should go off. Is that a problem of my specif unit, or
    is it normal?
    Thnak you so much to anyone able to answer.

    Giovanni

  4. Re: Making the alarm work even when off

    This is similar to what I noticed in a post a few days ago. See
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp....se_frm/thread/
    727ce9b856a76ed6/58a1794656a98022?hl=en#58a1794656a98022>
    John Meyers did reply but not with a solution just with a (slightly
    tongue-in-cheek) request for better data, which I will presently
    provide.
    In my case, sometimes it doesn't turn on, sometimes it does.
    Sometimes the alarms are a little late, sometimes a lot. I'm still
    trying to get the behavior quantified tightly enough for a real bug
    report. So you are in good company. Well, at least, you have company.
    Irl
    On Apr 3, 10:04 am, "Giovanni" wrote:
    > Joe Horn ha scritto:
    >
    > > Alarms automatically turn the calculator on when they come due.

    > Well, that is the problem! My hp 50g doesn't automatically turn on
    > when the alarm should go off. Is that a problem of my specif unit, or
    > is it normal?
    > Thnak you so much to anyone able to answer.
    >
    > Giovanni

+ Reply to Thread