Alpha lock utility for the hp39 or hp 40 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Alpha lock utility for the hp39 or hp 40 - Hewlett Packard ; Has anyone written a utility program to lock the alpha key on an hp39GS or hp40gs? This is one of the most irritating things about these calculators. I couldn't see one in the archive at hpcalc. Lance...

  1. Alpha lock utility for the hp39 or hp 40

    Has anyone written a utility program to lock the alpha key on an
    hp39GS or hp40gs? This is one of the most irritating things about
    these calculators. I couldn't see one in the archive at hpcalc.

    Lance

  2. Re: Alpha lock utility for the hp39 or hp 40

    Gary wrote:
    > Has anyone written a utility program to lock the alpha key on an
    > hp39GS or hp40gs? This is one of the most irritating things about
    > these calculators. I couldn't see one in the archive at hpcalc.

    You should sign-up for HPCC as Jordi Hidalgo showed how
    to do this back in January 2004 in Datafile V23N1.

    The good news is that it is short, sweet and doesn't require any
    additional aplets. The bad news is that the cure is worse than the
    disease. :-(

    Just do: VARS [NEW] [A...Z] ON ALPHA ON.

    Regards,
    --
    Bruce Horrocks
    Surrey

  3. Re: Alpha lock utility for the hp39 or hp 40

    On Apr 3, 11:21 am, Bruce Horrocks <07....@scorecrow.com> wrote:
    > Gary wrote:
    > > Has anyone written a utility program to lock the alpha key on an
    > > hp39GS or hp40gs? This is one of the most irritating things about
    > > these calculators. I couldn't see one in the archive at hpcalc.

    > You should sign-up for HPCC as Jordi Hidalgo showed how
    > to do this back in January 2004 in Datafile V23N1.
    >
    > The good news is that it is short, sweet and doesn't require any
    > additional aplets. The bad news is that the cure is worse than the
    > disease. :-(
    >
    > Just do: VARS [NEW] [A...Z] ON ALPHA ON.
    >
    > Regards,
    > --
    > Bruce Horrocks
    > Surrey