Aprl fool - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Aprl fool - Hewlett Packard ; Ticalc has an April's joke that made me laugh. See http://www.ticalc.org/ The joke is a fake announcement that reads: ticalc.org Introduces New In-Program Ads Posted by Michael on 1 April 2007, 02:06 GMT As many of you know, in November ...

  1. Aprl fool

    Ticalc has an April's joke that made me laugh. See http://www.ticalc.org/

    The joke is a fake announcement that reads:

    ticalc.org Introduces New In-Program Ads

    Posted by Michael on 1 April 2007, 02:06 GMT

    As many of you know, in November we began running ads on ticalc.org in
    order to cover our bandwidth costs. While this trial run has proven
    highly effective, we are still falling short each month on ad revenue.
    Feedback has shown that our visitors are overwhelmingly against any
    form of graphic banner ads, so we are instead turning to something
    more creative.

    Beginning in the next two weeks, all BASIC programs uploaded to our
    archives will automatically be edited to include pay advertising,
    similar to what is shown in the animated screenshot. This will allow
    advertisers to pay lump sum fees for perpetual product placement in
    the BASIC portion of our file archives and should solve our immediate
    financial situation.

    We will attempt to balance the ad placements so that they are non-
    intrusive; however, as the editing is done by automated scripts, there
    may be a few instances of inappropriately placed advertising. Please
    vote on the survey to let us know what you think.

  2. Re: Aprl fool

    Don't forget to take a look at www.hpcalc.org

    TW

+ Reply to Thread