Need little help with HPGCC and Graph - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Need little help with HPGCC and Graph - Hewlett Packard ; Hi i try to show a picture in the screen but i have some freak stuff.. i don't see anything correctly there is my code : #include #include #include "question.xpm" int main(void) { hpg_clear(); //clear the screen hpg_set_mode_gray16 (1); //enter ...

  1. Need little help with HPGCC and Graph

    Hi i try to show a picture in the screen but i have some freak stuff..
    i don't see anything correctly

    there is my code :

    #include
    #include
    #include "question.xpm"

    int main(void)
    {
    hpg_clear(); //clear the screen
    hpg_set_mode_gray16 (1); //enter mode 16 gray, double buffered
    mode
    hpg_set_color(hpg_stdscreen, HPG_COLOR_WHITE ); //set color to
    white
    hpg_draw_rect(0,0,131,80);
    hpg_fill_rect(0,0,131,80);
    hpg_t *img = hpg_load_xpm_gray16(question_xpm);
    hpg_blit(img, 0, 0, 42, 42, hpg_stdscreen, 0, 0);

    while(!keyb_isON());
    hpg_free_image(img);

    return 0;
    }

    I search some example or help file about HP-GCC.. i just find a old
    ebook on the web but they said are obsolete..
    i don't find anything

    How i can create C file like the program hump in HP-GCC example ?

    thx alot

  2. Re: Need little help with HPGCC and Graph

    i would expect your picture to be on the "other" buffer until you
    flip.

    try adding flip(); after the blit ... ?

    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 02:38:15 +0100, wrote:

    > Hi i try to show a picture in the screen but i have some freak stuff..
    > i don't see anything correctly
    >
    > there is my code :
    >
    > #include
    > #include
    > #include "question.xpm"
    >
    > int main(void)
    > {
    > hpg_clear(); //clear the screen
    > hpg_set_mode_gray16 (1); //enter mode 16 gray, double buffered
    > mode
    > hpg_set_color(hpg_stdscreen, HPG_COLOR_WHITE ); //set color to
    > white
    > hpg_draw_rect(0,0,131,80);
    > hpg_fill_rect(0,0,131,80);
    > hpg_t *img = hpg_load_xpm_gray16(question_xpm);
    > hpg_blit(img, 0, 0, 42, 42, hpg_stdscreen, 0, 0);
    >
    > while(!keyb_isON());
    > hpg_free_image(img);
    >
    > return 0;
    > }
    >
    > I search some example or help file about HP-GCC.. i just find a old
    > ebook on the web but they said are obsolete..
    > i don't find anything
    >
    > How i can create C file like the program hump in HP-GCC example ?
    >
    > thx alot

  3. Re: Need little help with HPGCC and Graph

    Hello,

    On Mar 29, 9:38 pm, WildcatQue...@gmail.com wrote:
    > hpg_set_mode_gray16 (1); //enter mode 16 gray, double buffered

    Don't activate double buffer unless you really need to. See Hugh's
    reply.

    > I search some example or help file about HP-GCC.. i just find a old
    > ebook on the web but they said are obsolete..
    > i don't find anything

    I know, we'll improve the docs for the next version.

    > How i can create C file like the program hump in HP-GCC example ?

    That's using a small program I wrote for the PC (Windows only), which
    converts BMP images into C code.
    If you want it, I can send you the sources. It's a very specific code
    to convert BMP to the images needed by the GGL library, but if you
    modify it properly you can use it for other formats.

    Claudio

  4. Re: Need little help with HPGCC and Graph

    On 30 mar, 20:50, "Claudio Lapilli" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > On Mar 29, 9:38 pm, WildcatQue...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > hpg_set_mode_gray16 (1); //enter mode 16 gray, double buffered

    > Don't activate double buffer unless you really need to. See Hugh's
    > reply.
    >
    > > I search some example or help file about HP-GCC.. i just find a old
    > > ebook on the web but they said are obsolete..
    > > i don't find anything

    > I know, we'll improve the docs for the next version.
    >

    > > How i can create C file like the program hump in HP-GCC example ?

    > That's using a small program I wrote for the PC (Windows only), which
    > converts BMP images into C code.
    > If you want it, I can send you the sources. It's a very specific code
    > to convert BMP to the images needed by the GGL library, but if you
    > modify it properly you can use it for other formats.
    >
    > Claudio

    Sorry for the last message i don't see you answer me for the program

  5. Re: Need little help with HPGCC and Graph

    On 30 mar, 20:50, "Claudio Lapilli" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > On Mar 29, 9:38 pm, WildcatQue...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > hpg_set_mode_gray16 (1); //enter mode 16 gray, double buffered

    > Don't activate double buffer unless you really need to. See Hugh's
    > reply.
    >
    > > I search some example or help file about HP-GCC.. i just find a old
    > > ebook on the web but they said are obsolete..
    > > i don't find anything

    > I know, we'll improve the docs for the next version.
    >

    > > How i can create C file like the program hump in HP-GCC example ?

    > That's using a small program I wrote for the PC (Windows only), which
    > converts BMP images into C code.
    > If you want it, I can send you the sources. It's a very specific code
    > to convert BMP to the images needed by the GGL library, but if you
    > modify it properly you can use it for other formats.
    >
    > Claudio

    im interrested for the little program. if you have the exe too this
    will be nicer i currently don't have C compiler on my pc (exept for
    the HP-GCC)
    you can send me this on my gmail account thx

  6. Re: Need little help with HPGCC and Graph

    > will be nicer i currently don't have C compiler on my pc

    http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/

    Thats the one I learned on. Free to use.

    TW

  7. Re: Need little help with HPGCC and Graph

    On 30 mar, 20:50, "Claudio Lapilli" wrote:

    > That's using a small program I wrote for the PC (Windows only), which
    > converts BMP images into C code.
    > If you want it, I can send you the sources. It's a very specific code
    > to convert BMP to the images needed by the GGL library, but if you
    > modify it properly you can use it for other formats.
    >
    > Claudio

    Hi, my name is Kenny Walrond, i'm from venezuela
    i'm interested on the program to convert the bmp image to c code.

    I'm new with c, maybe because of that i have this questions,
    i want to make a program where I enter data to be use, i want see the
    data with some other that i get from the program on a table, the data
    table will be bigger than what i can see on the screen, for that i can
    just put in the code that after an amount of line i will have to press
    some bottom to continue, in hump, the game, the world is bigger than
    what we can see i the calculator screen but by moving the caracter you
    can see any part of the world, i want to make something like that with
    my table, that i can look up down left or right of the table by using
    the direction arrows. is there a way to do that?

    the other question is that in the program i want to have some bottons,
    or icons that i can use to go to another part of the program, that's
    is why i'm interested on the bmp to c code program, althougth i might
    only use icons with words something like the menu of the calculator
    just to go to another part of program. I want to have that menu there
    while i use the other part of the screen to continue the program. Can
    I do that too?, maybe all that is really easy but i'm learning

    if you can help me thanks very much.

  8. Re: Need little help with HPGCC and Graph

    On 1 avr, 20:20, walr...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On 30 mar, 20:50, "Claudio Lapilli" wrote:
    >
    > > That's using a small program I wrote for the PC (Windows only), which
    > > converts BMP images into C code.
    > > If you want it, I can send you the sources. It's a very specific code
    > > to convert BMP to the images needed by the GGL library, but if you
    > > modify it properly you can use it for other formats.

    > > Claudio

    > Hi, my name is Kenny Walrond, i'm from venezuela
    > i'm interested on the program to convert the bmp image to c code.
    >
    > I'm new with c, maybe because of that i have this questions,
    > i want to make a program where I enter data to be use, i want see the
    > data with some other that i get from the program on a table, the data
    > table will be bigger than what i can see on the screen, for that i can
    > just put in the code that after an amount of line i will have to press
    > some bottom to continue, in hump, the game, the world is bigger than
    > what we can see i the calculator screen but by moving the caracter you
    > can see any part of the world, i want to make something like that with
    > my table, that i can look up down left or right of the table by using
    > the direction arrows. is there a way to do that?
    >
    > the other question is that in the program i want to have some bottons,
    > or icons that i can use to go to another part of the program, that's
    > is why i'm interested on the bmp to c code program, althougth i might
    > only use icons with words something like the menu of the calculator
    > just to go to another part of program. I want to have that menu there
    > while i use the other part of the screen to continue the program. Can
    > I do that too?, maybe all that is really easy but i'm learning
    >
    > if you can help me thanks very much.

    For the little application i put there for all :
    http://rapidshare.com/files/23979844/bmp2c.rar.html

+ Reply to Thread