Repair HP41 CX Magnetic card reader - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Repair HP41 CX Magnetic card reader - Hewlett Packard ; Does anyone know a reputable person who can repair a HP41 CX Magnetic card reader? I have not used mine in several years and I am sure the rubber wheel has deteriorated to the point where it is useless by ...

  1. Repair HP41 CX Magnetic card reader

    Does anyone know a reputable person who can repair a HP41 CX Magnetic
    card reader? I have not used mine in several years and I am sure the
    rubber wheel has deteriorated to the point where it is useless by now.
    Harold A Climer
    University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
    Dept of Physics,Geology,& Astronomy
    Room 309 Grote Hall
    615 McCallie Ave
    Chattanooga TN 37403
    Harold-Climer@utc.edu

  2. Re: Repair HP41 CX Magnetic card reader

    On 28 Mar, 16:12, Harold A Climer wrote:
    > Does anyone know a reputable person who can repair a HP41 CX Magnetic
    > card reader? I have not used mine in several years and I am sure the
    > rubber wheel has deteriorated to the point where it is useless by now.
    > Harold A Climer
    > University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
    > Dept of Physics,Geology,& Astronomy
    > Room 309 Grote Hall
    > 615 McCallie Ave
    > Chattanooga TN 37403
    > Harold-Cli...@utc.edu

    Hi Harold.
    You may want to contact

    http://www.fixthatcalc.com/

    that introduce themselves as those who "[...] have developed the tools
    and fixtures to safely disassemble and repair these great little
    machines. When you get it back, it will be fully functional, cleaned
    and new batteries installed if needed.
    We repair only Hewlett-Packard calculators that are no longer
    supported. This encompasses several different distinct product lines
    manufactured by HP for over 20 years, including both their business
    and scientific models."

    I heard many good reviews about how they operate - the only drawback
    seems to be a 8-weeks backlog at the moment...
    Hope this helps.
    Best regards.
    Giancarlo

+ Reply to Thread