SETFLDn inconsistent - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on SETFLDn inconsistent - Hewlett Packard ; I see in several documents: SETFLDn where n=1 to 7 will make code 80BF7h where h=8 to F BUT 1 to 7 is 7 steps, 8 to F is 8 steps !!! Anyone know what the correct values are? I ...

  1. SETFLDn inconsistent

    I see in several documents:

    SETFLDn where n=1 to 7 will make code 80BF7h where h=8 to F

    BUT 1 to 7 is 7 steps, 8 to F is 8 steps !!!

    Anyone know what the correct values are?
    I am adding the codes to SASM and need the right answer.
    -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Bill Graves RKBA!
    bgraves@ix.netcom.com

  2. Re: SETFLDn inconsistent

    William Graves wrote:

    > I see in several documents:
    >
    > SETFLDn where n=1 to 7 will make code 80BF7h where h=8 to F
    >
    > BUT 1 to 7 is 7 steps, 8 to F is 8 steps !!!
    >
    > Anyone know what the correct values are?
    > I am adding the codes to SASM and need the right answer.

    IIRC, it should say h=8 to E, not 8 to F. Reason: 0 thru 7 and F were
    already used, so they dropped the new fields into 8 thru E.

    -Joe-

+ Reply to Thread