No! - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on No! - Hewlett Packard ; My 49S . rev J. (brown case) just woke up dead. -It's like my two HP32s that were brown cases and Died on me. Brown = Fragile; 49S 32s ,32SII Black = solid ; 9G, 10C, 11C,15C,15C,33C,34E, 48G (-one 15C ...

  1. No!

    My 49S . rev J. (brown case) just woke up dead.

    -It's like my two HP32s that were brown cases
    and Died on me.

    Brown = Fragile; 49S 32s ,32SII

    Black = solid ; 9G, 10C, 11C,15C,15C,33C,34E, 48G
    (-one 15C bit the dirt due to the 19Lb college bag..)

    Gold = ? "I don't wanna know . . "

    W^3.fixthatcalc.com !

    --
    ********** Antique Sig Line ***********

    ....probably you want the guys who run the net.
    Address mail to:

    Usenet Central Administration
    1060 W. Addison St
    Chicago, IL 60613-4305

    They should be willing to help you out.

  2. Re: No!

    Publicly Anonomous User wrote in

    > My 49S . rev J. (brown case) just woke up dead.
    >
    > -It's like my two HP32s that were brown cases
    > and Died on me.
    >
    > Brown = Fragile; 49S 32s ,32SII
    >
    > Black = solid ; 9G, 10C, 11C,15C,15C,33C,34E, 48G
    > (-one 15C bit the dirt due to the 19Lb college bag..)
    >
    > Gold = ? "I don't wanna know . . "
    >

    > W^3.fixthatcalc.com !

    Did I Mention my speciel friends;HP83,HP85,9810,9825,9830
    (beautiful Putty units)
    ??

    White=O.K.
    Black=O.K.
    Brown=Will die with a bad wind.
    --
    ********** Antique Sig Line ***********

    ....probably you want the guys who run the net.
    Address mail to:

    Usenet Central Administration
    1060 W. Addison St
    Chicago, IL 60613-4305

    They should be willing to help you out.

  3. Re: No!

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 03:08:50 -0500:

    [...]

    Probably woke up in the dark,
    saw a brown thing, and stepped on it,
    thinking it was a bug

    > ********** Antique Sig Line ***********
    >
    > ...probably you want the guys who run the net.
    > Address mail to:
    >
    > Usenet Central Administration
    > 1060 W. Addison St
    > Chicago, IL 60613-4305
    >
    > They should be willing to help you out.

    First base!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrigley_Field
    http://www.ballparks.com/baseball/national/wrigle.htm

    -[ ]-

  4. Re: No!

    "John H Meyers" wrote in
    newsp.tpt9usqpnn735j@w2kjhm.ia.mum.edu:

    > On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 03:08:50 -0500:
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > Probably woke up in the dark,
    > saw a brown thing, and stepped on it,
    > thinking it was a bug
    >
    >> ********** Antique Sig Line ***********

    All equates.

  5. Re: No! (aw for pity's sake)

    Publicly Anonomous User wrote in

    > My 49S . rev J. (brown case) just woke up dead.
    >
    > -It's like my two HP32s that were brown cases
    > and Died on me.
    >
    > Brown = Fragile; 49S 32s ,32SII
    >
    > Black = solid ; 9G, 10C, 11C,15C,15C,33C,34E, 48G
    > (-one 15C bit the dirt due to the 19Lb college bag..)
    >
    > Gold = ? "I don't wanna know . . "
    >

    > W^3.fixthatcalc.com !

    It lives.
    All I had to do was push it off the desk
    and it came back to life.
    Now, I'll never get a new HP because the 48S won't die.

    Maybe I could buy a 40G anyway just as a backup..(sigh)

    -Hate the color, but use it daily anyway.
    (Hayseed suit brown,Ugh.)
    Everything equates.

  6. Re: No! (aw for pity's sake)

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:15:33 -0500:

    >> My 49S . rev J...

    > Now, I'll never get a new HP because the 48S won't die.

    Oh yes, HP*48*S did have a rev J (the last 48S made).

    If Joe has ever blessed it, it's bound to resurrect indefinitely

    The failure of old HP calcs to die
    is what causes the lack of sufficient new calc "souls"
    to put any new life into new HP sales
    (but the oldest 49G+ die out so fast that 50G sales are booming

  7. Re: No! (aw for pity's sake)

    "John H Meyers" wrote in
    newsp.tpvs9lq7nn735j@w2kjhm.ia.mum.edu:

    > On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:15:33 -0500:
    >
    >>> My 49S . rev J...

    >> Now, I'll never get a new HP because the 48S won't die.

    > Oh yes, HP*48*S did have a rev J (the last 48S made).
    >
    > If Joe has ever blessed it, it's bound to resurrect indefinitely
    >

    > The failure of old HP calcs to die
    > is what causes the lack of sufficient new calc "souls"
    > to put any new life into new HP sales
    > (but the oldest 49G+ die out so fast that 50G sales are booming

    It's still Solid as a rock a week later.
    I can only think that it was a battery fault.(Changed batteries + soft
    eraser to the contacts.)
    Everything's A-OK,
    and Isol is the greatest invention known to man (smile)..

  8. Re: No! (aw for pity's sake)

    On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 21:28:37 -0500:

    > ISOL is the greatest invention known to man (smile)..

    Then hold on to your 48 series calc;
    it was replaced in 49 series by something incompatible
    with the original, which also takes 15 times as long to execute,
    and which was duplicated anyway in the new SOLVE.

    Simulating the Financial calc solver (17B,19B,18C) using ISOL
    (best done on HP48 series):
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....37073d416d9d3a

    [r->] [OFF]

+ Reply to Thread