PPC Emu48 and HP50G - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on PPC Emu48 and HP50G - Hewlett Packard ; Greetings, I am using a VGA pocket PC with Windows Mobile 5.0 in true VGA mode. I can switch between QVGA and VGA. In QVGA mode, Emu48 takes the entire screen as expected; in VGA mode, the bitmap occupies the ...

  1. PPC Emu48 and HP50G

    Greetings,

    I am using a VGA pocket PC with Windows Mobile 5.0 in true VGA mode.
    I can switch between QVGA and VGA.

    In QVGA mode, Emu48 takes the entire screen as expected; in VGA mode,
    the bitmap occupies the top 1/4 of the screen. It looks like there's
    a setting in the KML for VGA mode; has anyone had success with true
    VGA operation?

    I was able to put the ROM from the debug4x package in the pocket PC
    and it works great--so I get the CAS of the 50G on the pocket PC.
    Regarding this configuration, does anyone know how to perform
    "simultaneous" keypresses to emulate long holds, etc., such as those
    needed while in RPN mode? I'm reading through the KML manual to learn
    its aspects, but am unsure if the KML controls the multiple keypress
    combinations or if it's the ROM code from the emulator.

    Thanks for any insights.

    Regards,
    Scott

  2. Re: PPC Emu48 and HP50G

    > Regarding this configuration, does anyone know how to perform
    > "simultaneous" keypresses to emulate long holds, etc., such as those
    > needed while in RPN mode? I'm reading through the KML manual to learn
    > its aspects, but am unsure if the KML controls the multiple keypress
    > combinations or if it's the ROM code from the emulator.

    I found out you could make a key stick by tapping the key and without
    lifting the stylus slide off the key to the side. Then you can press a
    second key to perform a 2-key simultaneous keypress. I don't know if you can
    perform 3 simult key presses like invoking the TTRM screen. For those
    situations, it may be possible modify KML script to assign a button to
    perform the keypresses, not sure.

  3. Re: PPC Emu48 and HP50G

    On Mar 26, 6:05 pm, "David" wrote:
    > > Regarding this configuration, does anyone know how to perform
    > > "simultaneous" keypresses to emulate long holds, etc., such as those
    > > needed while in RPN mode? I'm reading through the KML manual to learn
    > > its aspects, but am unsure if the KML controls the multiple keypress
    > > combinations or if it's the ROM code from the emulator.

    > I found out you could make a key stick by tapping the key and without
    > lifting the stylus slide off the key to the side. Then you can press a
    > second key to perform a 2-key simultaneous keypress. I don't know if you can
    > perform 3 simult key presses like invoking the TTRM screen. For those
    > situations, it may be possible modify KML script to assign a button to
    > perform the keypresses, not sure.

    That is wonderful information; thank you so much. I'll give it a try
    tonight.

  4. Re: PPC Emu48 and HP50G

    You need a bigger bmp. Try the HP49VGA script from Christoph's site.

+ Reply to Thread