Text viewer - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Text viewer - Hewlett Packard ; Hi to all. I need a text viewer/editor for an hp50g able to view correctly some .txt files. Can you suggest me a software for this purpose? I've tried to use TED49 1.1, but when I try to read a ...

  1. Text viewer

    Hi to all.

    I need a text viewer/editor for an hp50g able to view correctly some .txt
    files.

    Can you suggest me a software for this purpose?

    I've tried to use TED49 1.1, but when I try to read a file, it always crash.

    Thanks in advance,
    torcH

  2. Re: Text viewer

    torch wrote:
    > I need a text viewer/editor for an hp50g able to view correctly some .txt
    > files.

    Have you looked at Headman?

    http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~raut/WR49/Headman.htm

    http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~raut/WR49/

    http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5940

    HTH,
    Greg

  3. Re: Text viewer

    "Greg M." ha scritto nel messaggio
    > torch wrote:

    Hi,

    > Have you looked at Headman?

    perfect! Thank you.

    Best regards,
    torcH

  4. Re: Text viewer

    On Mar 23, 12:48 pm, "torch" wrote:
    > Hi to all.
    >
    > I need a text viewer/editor for an hp50g able to view correctly some .txt
    > files.
    >
    > Can you suggest me a software for this purpose?
    >
    > I've tried to use TED49 1.1, but when I try to read a file, it always crash.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > torcH

    TED 1.2 ▀uild 3: http://www.gaak.org/hp/ted
    this version contains VV and VVSM for 49g+/50g

    TED49 1.1 is only for 49G (read the info)

    - GaaK -

  5. Re: Text viewer

    GaaK wrote:
    > TED 1.2 ▀uild 3: http://www.gaak.org/hp/ted
    > this version contains VV and VVSM for 49g+/50g
    >
    > TED49 1.1 is only for 49G (read the info)

    Say, GaaK... any current plans for finishing up TED? I like the idea
    of it.

    I can't say I like the editor itself because I haven't seen it!

    --
    Dave Boyd
    "That's sucker talk."

  6. Re: Text viewer

    On Mar 23, 4:43 pm, Dave Boyd wrote:
    > GaaK wrote:
    > > TED 1.2 ▀uild 3:http://www.gaak.org/hp/ted
    > > this version contains VV and VVSM for 49g+/50g

    > > TED49 1.1 is only for 49G (read the info)

    > Say, GaaK... any current plans for finishing up TED? I like the idea
    > of it.
    >
    > I can't say I like the editor itself because I haven't seen it!
    >
    > --
    > Dave Boyd
    > "That's sucker talk."
    > -- Raven, _This_Gun_For_Hire_, Universal, 1942

    Test the editor (1.1) on EMU.
    Editor is buggy on ARM processor, currently working for it, but I
    don't have real calc (based on ARM) to test my project :-(

    However, the viewer works fine ;-)

    - GaaK -

  7. Re: Text viewer

    "GaaK" ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:1174685346.922181.260440@b75g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    On Mar 23, 12:48 pm, "torch" wrote:

    Hi,

    >TED 1.2 ▀uild 3: http://www.gaak.org/hp/ted
    >this version contains VV and VVSM for 49g+/50g

    >TED49 1.1 is only for 49G (read the info)

    Thanks for the info.

    Best regards,
    torcH

  8. Re: Text viewer

    On Mar 24, 1:45 am, "torch" wrote:
    > Thanks for the info.

    and please report bugs ;-)

    - GaaK -

  9. Re: Text viewer

    "GaaK" ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:1174721398.667750.317030@b75g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    > On Mar 24, 1:45 am, "torch" wrote:

    Hi,

    >> Thanks for the info.

    > and please report bugs ;-)

    of course!

    Best regards,
    torcH

  10. Re: Text viewer

    > Editor is buggy on ARM processor, currently working for it, but I
    > don't have real calc (based on ARM) to test my project :-(

    Send me an email with your contact info and I will get you a 50G. We
    can do a trade for a little bit of your ASM skills. There are a few
    little routines I need done that shouldn't take you longer than an
    hour or two I suspect.

    timwessman at gmail

    TW

  11. Re: Text viewer

    On Mar 23, 3:29 pm, "GaaK" wrote:
    > On Mar 23, 12:48 pm, "torch" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi to all.

    > > I need a text viewer/editor for an hp50g able to view correctly some .txt
    > > files.

    > > Can you suggest me a software for this purpose?

    > > I've tried to use TED49 1.1, but when I try to read a file, it always crash.

    > > Thanks in advance,
    > > torcH

    > TED 1.2 ▀uild 3:http://www.gaak.org/hp/ted
    > this version contains VV and VVSM for 49g+/50g
    >
    > TED49 1.1 is only for 49G (read the info)
    >
    > - GaaK -

    Isn't TED the editor from the HP48 jazz package?
    If so I'm supprised that the editor works at all for the 49g+/50g

    The origional keyhandler in ED was WAY too slow! So I modified my
    copy with a simple (but somewhat buggy)
    hack to speed it up. Mika kept asking me to modify the official ED
    source to speed it up. It took me like 6 months to get around to
    doing it, but Mika kept asking for it so finally I did it.

    Main reason it took so long was quite simply because I didn't have a
    computer. I did all my HP48 programming directly on my HP48. But the
    source codes for Jazz (and ED) were too big for me to modify on my
    HP48. I finally installed a compiler and such on a university account
    and did it on a university computer.

    That was a long time ago, and I don't remember all the details...
    But I do remember that the keyhandler code was written specifically
    for the HP48! It was tested for both the SX and the GX and seemed to
    work fine on both. But change either the hardware or the software
    much and it likely won't work properly. And the 49g+/50g have both
    changed software AND hardware!

  12. Re: Text viewer

    On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:54:35 -0500, Dan Kirkland wrote:

    [...]

    Dan Kirkland is back!

    When I first stumbled upon comp.sys.hp48 (11 years ago?)
    and started asking things,
    Dan was someone who supplied many answers -- thanks again!

    -[ ]-

+ Reply to Thread