HP calculator hiering - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP calculator hiering - Hewlett Packard ; hello, we are looking for a new General manager, if you are interested in the position, you can apply online on the hp job searcher page, look for calculator in the job description. cyrille...

  1. HP calculator hiering

    hello,

    we are looking for a new General manager, if you are interested in the
    position, you can apply online on the hp job searcher page, look for
    calculator in the job description.

    cyrille

  2. Re: HP calculator hiering

    > we are looking for a new General manager, if you are interested in the
    > position, you can apply online on the hp job searcher page, look for
    > calculator in the job description.

    I'd do it. . . ;-)

    TW

  3. Re: HP calculator hiering

    cyrille de brebisson wrote:
    > we are looking for a new General manager,

    Hey VPN, now's your chance!

    :-)

    --
    Bruce Horrocks
    Surrey

  4. Re: HP calculator hiering

    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:56:43 +0000, Bruce Horrocks
    <07.013@scorecrow.com> wrote:

    >cyrille de brebisson wrote:
    >> we are looking for a new General manager,

    >Hey VPN, now's your chance!
    >
    >:-)

    Bruce,
    I noticed that your email address is
    bruce at scorecrow dot com. Part of your address reminded me of a old
    Walt Disney program about The Scarecrow. Wasn't he a bandit or
    something in the UK before it was the UK.
    I hope I do not offend anyone since the Scots,English, and Welsh
    people are so independent minded these days.
    He may have been a patriot to some and a bandit to others.

  5. Re: HP calculator hiering

    Sounds interesting to me, too. Then Id know that I didnt replace the
    hash tables for nothing ;-)

    Still interested in messages or even redefining under all
    circumstances, Tim ?

    Greetings
    Andreas
    http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

    On 22 Mrz., 23:45, "TW" wrote:
    > > we are looking for a new General manager, if you are interested in the
    > > position, you can apply online on the hp job searcher page, look for
    > > calculator in the job description.

    > I'd do it. . . ;-)
    >
    > TW

  6. Re: HP calculator hiering

    On Mar 22, 7:27 am, "cyrille de brebisson" wrote:
    > hello,
    >
    > we are looking for a new General manager, if you are interested in the
    > position, you can apply online on the hp job searcher page, look for
    > calculator in the job description.
    >
    > cyrille

    I have been told that you are the only engineer left in the calculator
    group and that all design and manufacturing including software is done
    in the far east. With such minimum manpower, what in the world would
    you need a general manager for???

  7. Re: HP calculator hiring

    JB wrote:
    > I have been told that you are the only engineer left in the calculator
    > group and that all design and manufacturing including software is done
    > in the far east. With such minimum manpower, what in the world would
    > you need a general manager for???

    I love how they describe how everything is designed in China
    10 years of people management isn't going to be an easy thing to find

    Job Description
    Apply

    Description
    Objectives

    Plans and directs an end-to-end business, HP Calculator Division, via
    an innovative, streamlined, and cost effective outsourcing model, known
    as Strategic Touch Model (STM). Establishes and aligns overall product
    generation, demand generation, and order fulfillment business objectives
    to meet revenue, gross margin, and operating profit commitments. Leads
    marketing, operations, business development, and product development
    functional teams for aggressive and profitable growth. Serves as
    executive face to both channel partners and suppliers worldwide, making
    business decisions and contractual commitments on HPs behalf and
    coordinates with other parts of the corporation where appropriate.

    Primary Responsibilities

    Actively manages P&L to meet overall financial commitments and
    aggressively drive profitable growth through organic means
    Actively leads high level strategic negotiations with both supply and
    channel partners striving for win-win-win solutions that build trust,
    respect, flexibility, and accountability
    Oversees product development efforts to ensure roadmap and vintage
    charts provide compelling differentiation that addresses unmet needs of
    targeted audiences
    Oversees marketing motions to ensure segmentation, differentiation
    and value propositions are aligned with overall business objectives
    Works closely with operations team to ensure smooth and fluid
    business process
    Ensures the effectiveness of business development activities to
    ensure profitable business growth worldwide
    Ensure every business motion is geared to maximize total customer
    satisfaction and achieve defined business objectives as a part of the
    calculator ecosystem

    Measures

    Profitable year-over-year growth,
    P&L performance (ASPIRE/Outlook)
    TCE metrics
    Channel partner and supplier engagement and performance
    VoW performance

    Qualifications
    Qualifications

    10 or more years of people management experience
    MBA or equivalent combination of education and experience
    Experience in developing and implementing a strategic framework
    within a pure-ODM environment
    Demonstrated ability to implement new strategies and programs
    Proven record in managing a global business
    Experienced in process improvements in a highly lean and outsourced
    environment
    Experienced in managing projects and programs

    Skills

    Strong teambuilding and leadership capabilities, highly influential,
    able to work across organizational boundaries, and to deal with a
    worldwide virtual team
    Analytical mindset and solid understanding of standard methodologies,
    tools and processes
    Strong negotiation, presentation and communication skills at
    executive levels
    Collaborative linkage with HP Managers

    Highly desired

    Proven sales experience
    Solid understanding of business management, financial concepts and
    sales process.
    Multi-cultural perspective with ability to speak at least one
    language other than English

  8. Re: HP calculator hiring

    [re-formatted and complete]

    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:27:12 -0500:

    > we are looking for a new General Manager

    The only such title I recall seeing on the web is:

    Fred A. Valdez
    General Manager
    HP Calculator Division, Personal Systems Group
    http://h20331.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/cach...0-225-121.html

    (but Fred really didn't look that old

    http://h10055.www1.hp.com/jobsathp/c...rch/search.asp

    > look for calculator in the job description.

    Listing# 947441
    03/21/2007 Director, Handheld Calculator Business
    United States - California - San Diego Full-time

    Director, Handheld Calculator Business - 126550

    Job Description, Objectives

[...]

    to maximize total customer satisfaction [when did this start?]
[...]

    Profile

    Job Field Administration
    Locations United States-California - San Diego
    Schedule Full-time
    Job Type Experienced
    Shift Day Job
    Travel Yes, 50 % of the Time

    [Additional, derived through other sources]

    Knowledge of calculators irrelevant.

    -[ ]-

  9. Re: HP calculator hiring

    > Actively manages P&L to meet overall financial commitments
    > and aggressively drive profitable growth through organic means.

    "organic means" ???

  10. Re: HP calculator hiring

    Wes wrote:
    >> Actively manages P&L to meet overall financial commitments
    >> and aggressively drive profitable growth through organic means.

    > "organic means" ???

    Yeah, I read that and smiled as well. Mushroom fertiliser sprang to
    mind. :-)

    --
    Bruce Horrocks
    Surrey

  11. Re: HP calculator hiering

    Harold A Climer wrote:

    > I noticed that your email address is
    > bruce at scorecrow dot com. Part of your address reminded me of a old
    > Walt Disney program about The Scarecrow. Wasn't he a bandit or
    > something in the UK before it was the UK.

    I vaguely remember the film. Scarecrows are neutral in English &
    European folklore as best I remember: I can't think of any fairytale
    that has a scarecrow in a prominent role, good or bad.

    There is of course "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" by Frank Baum which is
    neither English nor European but is most certainly a fairytale and a
    wonderful one at that.

    > I hope I do not offend anyone since the Scots,English, and Welsh
    > people are so independent minded these days.
    > He may have been a patriot to some and a bandit to others.

    I don't think anyone is going to be offended. :-)

    I only chose the name because I had been doing a fair amount of scoring
    for volleyball matches recently and most dictionary words have now been
    taken as domain names so a degree of corruption is required.

    Regards,

    --
    Bruce Horrocks
    Surrey

  12. Re: HP calculator hiring

    On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:32:01 -0500, Wes wrote:

    >> Actively manages P&L to meet overall financial commitments
    >> and aggressively drive profitable growth through organic means.

    > "organic means" ???

    "Business-speak" is designed so as not to be grokked
    until post-graduate level, to get even with anyone younger
    for not being comprehensible to the former

    Other modern terminology:

    "vintage charts" [in the GM job description]
    Is that like the usage here?
    http://www.mapinfo.com/productvintage

    "calculator ecosystem"
    Other example:
    http://www.oracle.com/products/middl...ecosystem.html

    "win-win-win solutions" [an advance upon the old "win-win"]

    "Oversees marketing motions to ensure segmentation,
    differentiation and value propositions...TCE, VoW, ODM"
    [self-explanatory]

    "able to work across organizational boundaries"
    [like Superman's "leap over tall buildings" thing]

    "Viral marketing"
    [gesundheit, and keep your parrot away from the boardroom]

    -[Etc.]-

  13. Re: HP calculator hiring

    On Mar 24, 6:31 am, "John H Meyers" wrote:
    > On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:32:01 -0500, Wes wrote:
    > >> Actively manages P&L to meet overall financial commitments
    > >> and aggressively drive profitable growth through organic means.

    > > "organic means" ???

    > "Business-speak" is designed so as not to be grokked
    > until post-graduate level, to get even with anyone younger
    > for not being comprehensible to the former
    >
    > Other modern terminology:
    >
    > "vintage charts" [in the GM job description]
    > Is that like the usage here?http://www.mapinfo.com/productvintage
    >
    > "calculator ecosystem"
    > Other example:http://www.oracle.com/products/middl...gement/ecosyst...
    >
    > "win-win-win solutions" [an advance upon the old "win-win"]
    >
    > "Oversees marketing motions to ensure segmentation,
    > differentiation and value propositions...TCE, VoW, ODM"
    > [self-explanatory]
    >
    > "able to work across organizational boundaries"
    > [like Superman's "leap over tall buildings" thing]
    >
    > "Viral marketing"
    > [gesundheit, and keep your parrot away from the boardroom]
    >
    > -[Etc.]-

    Terminologoy gives you a good idea of management culture. Explains a
    lot. Too bad the TI's don't have RPN. :-)

  14. Re: HP calculator hiring

    John H Meyers wrote:
    > "Business-speak" is designed so as not to be grokked
    > until post-graduate level, to get even with anyone younger
    > for not being comprehensible to the former
    >
    > Other modern terminology:
    >
    > "vintage charts" [in the GM job description]
    > Is that like the usage here?
    > http://www.mapinfo.com/productvintage
    >
    > "calculator ecosystem"
    > Other example:
    > http://www.oracle.com/products/middl...ecosystem.html
    >
    > "win-win-win solutions" [an advance upon the old "win-win"]

    I think you'll find that win-win = 0 and win-win-win = -win so
    definitely not an advance.

    :-)

    --
    Bruce Horrocks
    Surrey

  15. Re: HP calculator hiering

    > hello,
    >
    > we are looking for a new General manager, if you are interested in the
    > position, you can apply online on the hp job searcher page, look for
    > calculator in the job description.
    >
    > cyrille

    The job opening seams nice,
    the description and requirements are also nice,
    JYA was kind enough to post here.

    All in all it looks more like sales department manager description :-)

    probably when i would consider an employment inside HP i fear the described
    job would be too far from real action: wires, motherboards and the code
    (matrix).

    i want to know what the matrix is,
    i've taken the pill and there is no going back

    manjo
    P.S.
    Is there anyone who feels alike ?
    Or is it all management nowdays ?

  16. Re: HP calculator hiering

    > probably when i would consider an employment inside HP i fear the
    > described
    > job would be too far from real action: wires, motherboards and the code
    > (matrix).

    > Is there anyone who feels alike ?
    > Or is it all management nowdays ?

    I have turned down jobs where the only career path
    leads to management. I'd rather work with hardware and software
    than manage people and shuffle papers.

    Tom Lake

  17. Re: HP calculator hiering

    "Tom Lake" wrote in message
    > > probably when i would consider an employment inside HP i fear the
    > > described
    > > job would be too far from real action: wires, motherboards and the code
    > > (matrix).

    > > Is there anyone who feels alike ?
    > > Or is it all management nowdays ?

    > I have turned down jobs where the only career path
    > leads to management. I'd rather work with hardware and software
    > than manage people and shuffle papers.
    >
    > Tom Lake

    From my experience, actualy it is a simple fact
    (lot of evidence supports this)

    working with people is hardest
    (of course depending on the quality of the team)

    but then in every team there are few special items :-)
    i'm not sure how to put this in a nice way (trying not to offend anyone)
    so with those few you have more work than if you took the job over your own
    head
    and it would be done by the time you could arrange them to do the job right.

    I guess for most cases it stands:
    if you want to get the job done - do it yourself :-)

    manjo

  18. Re: HP calculator hiering

    "TW" wrote in news:1174603551.435471.140670
    @e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

    >> we are looking for a new General manager, if you are interested in the
    >> position, you can apply online on the hp job searcher page, look for
    >> calculator in the job description.

    > I'd do it. . . ;-)
    >
    > TW

    Can you be Obsessed? They really need someone obsessed.

    "It's the way of the future - the way to the future..."
    Howard Hughes -The Aviator, 2005

+ Reply to Thread