Re: Python on MPE/iX - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Python on MPE/iX - Hewlett Packard ; Perhaps Jython will serve? http://www.jython.org/Project/index.html With the java port from jazz or The Jikes port from LegacyJ http://www.legacyj.com/jikes/ * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *...

  1. Re: Python on MPE/iX

    Perhaps Jython will serve?

    http://www.jython.org/Project/index.html

    With the java port from jazz or
    The Jikes port from LegacyJ

    http://www.legacyj.com/jikes/

  2. Size and weight information?

    >To all;

    Any ideas on where to find the size and weight of a 996/800 system? I
    Nike disk array?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

    Jeff Kubler
    Kubler Consulting, Inc.
    541-745-7457
    jeff@kublerconsulting.com
    www.kublerconsulting.com

  3. Re: Python on MPE/iX

    Dave wrote:

    > Perhaps Jython will serve?
    >
    > http://www.jython.org/Project/index.html

    Might work. I vaguely recall that I gave an old
    Jython version a try. Very long ago, so don't recall
    any details, except that maybe the interactive use
    (like a shell) won't work properly, but running
    scripts or batch jobs might work.

    > With the java port from jazz or
    > The Jikes port from LegacyJ
    >
    > http://www.legacyj.com/jikes/

    Jikes won't help here, as Jikes is only a native code
    implementation of a Java source to Java bytecode compiler,
    i.e. a faster and less ressource hungry replacement for
    the javac compiler.

    Even after using Jikes, you still need the Java runtime.

    And I guess that jython will come with precompiled class
    files or jar files, so Jikes or javac won't be needed.

    Just an educated guess without trying jython now.

    Lars.