Hi Robert & Mark
Um... I would say Nasty Big would be around 90+% of your system volumne
(evil Grin ) (Crashes usually are around this point hehehe)

Since it is a StdList for a 911 system (read AUDIT here ) ... the
next question is ... how do you plan to archive this? Can you modify the
Job Card?

Thanks,
Art
Art Bahrs, CISSP Information Security The Regence Group
(503) 225-4992 Cell 971-244-2459 FAX (503)
220-3806

"Mark Wonsil"
.COM> To
Sent by: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
"HP-3000 cc
Systems
Discussion" Subject
N.UTC.EDU>

03/27/2007
02:10 PM

Please respond
"Mark Wonsil"
.COM>
|------------|
| [ ] Secure |
| E-mail |
|------------|

> The spool file is generated through the standard list when the job is
> started. Currently, in 1 week, we generate a spool file that runs about
> 3.6 million lines. Just how big is "nastily big"?

I think you pass that about Wednesday morning...

What do you do with this stdlist? Do you print it, save it to disc, or just
delete it?

It is possible to redirect the stdlist on the run command (;STDLIST=),
which
can send the output to another file (message or circular) or even $NULL.

Mark W.

***IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.***