Re: Create a CSV file - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Create a CSV file - Hewlett Packard ; cobol will happily write to a bytestream file. no magic required....just afile equation. the other suggested solutions will work...just write out to a bytestream file. if you're are of a perl-ish inclination....there is a 'spreadsheet' module that will read and ...

  1. Re: Create a CSV file

    cobol will happily write to a bytestream file. no magic required....just afile equation.

    the other suggested solutions will work...just write out to a bytestream file.

    if you're are of a perl-ish inclination....there is a 'spreadsheet' module that will read and write real .xls files...onmpe! (i've played with the read portion of this module. it works file and i would expect the write portion to work as well.)

    there's no real need to ship (email/ftp/file transfer) your output file. fire up samba and create a share. have your users map to this directory and let them click-ity-click. - d

    -----
    Donna Hofmeister, HP-CSA Sr. System Programmer
    dgarverick -at- longs -dot- com
    925-210-6631 Longs Drug Stores