Time Zone Change Question - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Time Zone Change Question - Hewlett Packard ; Hi -L Gang, I have searched but an unable to find an answer to the specific question of: When I change the time BACKWARDS 1 hour in the Fall, how long does that change take. We have been asked by ...

  1. Time Zone Change Question

    Hi -L Gang,

    I have searched but an unable to find an answer to the specific question of:

    When I change the time BACKWARDS 1 hour in the Fall, how long does that
    change take.

    We have been asked by our apps folks how long it will take for the time to be
    adjusted in moving back one hour as they wish to adjust their procedures.I
    have not been given other specifics about what they want to do other thanto
    get them an answer as to how long the change will take.

    TIA,
    Dan

  2. Re: Time Zone Change Question

    And after a first response and a RE-READ of the help text, I will
    apologize for wasting bandwidth, and work with cleaner glasses .

    Dan Barnes
    LCI Offices
    106 Central Avenue, Suite A
    Osseo, MN, 55369-1243
    Tel: 763-425-1639 :: Fax: 763-425-5483
    Cell: 612-240-2136 :: Pager: 952-394-013
    dan.barnes@lci-online.com
    dpbarnes@mmm.com

    I have searched but an unable to find an answer to the specific question
    of:

    When I change the time BACKWARDS 1 hour in the Fall, how long does that
    change take.

    We have been asked by our apps folks how long it will take for the time
    to be
    adjusted in moving back one hour as they wish to adjust their
    procedures. I
    have not been given other specifics about what they want to do other
    than to
    get them an answer as to how long the change will take.

    TIA,
    Dan

  3. Re: Time Zone Change Question

    Hi Dan
    Actually, I will crouch an answer in a roundabout way... why not take
    the time changes as chances to set a maintenance window for all your
    devices? That way the time is reserved, expected and scheduled... Apps
    folks and all the rest know what to expect ahead of time

    Art "silly rabbit... planning is for the weak hehehe" Bahrs

    Art Bahrs, CISSP Information Security The Regence Group
    (503) 225-4992 Cell 971-244-2459 FAX (503)
    220-3806

    "Dan Barnes"
    I-ONLINE.COM> To
    Sent by: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU
    "HP-3000 cc
    Systems
    Discussion" Subject
    N.UTC.EDU> Question

    03/07/2007
    11:51 AM

    Please respond
    "Dan Barnes"
    I-ONLINE.COM>
    |------------|
    | [ ] Secure |
    | E-mail |

[...]

    ***IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.***

  4. Re: Time Zone Change Question

    We actually already do that, but with apps that communicate with other
    systems that I do not have control over, but apps folks do, this adds an
    additional element of management to it all. I believe they are actually
    trying to do exactly this, but need to better understand the window to
    apply the new policy.