posix question.... - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on posix question.... - Hewlett Packard ; I have a funny one. A user is running a program that creates files in a posix dir - /xyz say. A batch job under a different logon then ftps the files to another system, and renames the files to ...

  1. posix question....

    I have a funny one.

    A user is running a program that creates files in a posix dir - /xyz say. A
    batch job under a different logon then ftps the files to another system, and
    renames the files to another posix dir, say /abc. This means the /abc
    files are listed as created by the batch job user.

    Next day, user runs same program again. This checks for existence of files
    in /abc dir, and all the opens fail, with errno = 50. Even if I do a
    chmod 777 on the first file, the open still fails.even though I can see the
    file as the session user, and I can cat it to the terminal..

    What am I missing here please?

    If I run the program as MGR, it all works fine..

    Thanks,

    john

  2. Re: posix question....

    John,

    though it's been a few years since I had my programmers badge, but isn't
    a FSERR50 a nonexistant account? In which case you may have a badly
    formed open.

    Or perhaps another problem.....