Re: FreeVT3K - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: FreeVT3K - Hewlett Packard ; Thanks for the info but it turned out to be understanding how to run it. Since everthing else I wanted ran from the Application bar or the Desktop, I didn't suspect it wanted to be run from the command line ...

  1. Re: FreeVT3K

    Thanks for the info but it turned out to be understanding how to run it.

    Since everthing else I wanted ran from the Application bar or the
    Desktop, I didn't suspect it wanted to be run from the command line
    window. Once there no problem.

    Gonna miss block mode for this!

    Tracy Johnson
    Measurement Specialties, Inc.

    BT

    NNNN

  2. Re: FreeVT3K

    Tracy -

    On 3/6/07, Johnson, Tracy wrote:

    > Gonna miss block mode for this!

    Try 'xhpterm' then! Get it from the same source. There was a problem
    with spacing from the underlying 'ncurses' library. The maintainer of
    'ncurses' was working on fixing the problem last year. I assume it is
    fixed now. If not, here is his contact info:

    Thomas E. Dickey
    Thomas Dickey
    http://invisible-island.net
    ftp://invisible-island.net

    HP made some fixes to the old 'curses' program to make it work
    flawlessly. Since 'ncurses' (new curses) uses an MIT software
    license, I will assume that 'curses' did also, which means that HP is
    not required to share their fixes, even though they are using 'curses'
    free of charge, the benefit of GPL software.

    Hopefully, you will find 'xhpterm' works flawlessly in block mode for you.

    - Pete