Java 1.4 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Java 1.4 - Hewlett Packard ; I hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but, is there any hope for a more current version of Java for the HP3000? Thanks. Jim Gerber * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please ...

  1. Java 1.4

    I hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but, is there any hope for a more current
    version of Java for the HP3000?

    Thanks.
    Jim Gerber

  2. Re: Java 1.4

    The same question has been asked on this list before. In the context of a
    less ambitious request which was for 1.3.1 instead of 1.3. I believe the
    short answer is no. Apparently one would need access to MPE source code to
    do it. The only one with access to sources HP does not have budget for it.

    Charles Finley
    619-795-0720

  3. Re: Java 1.4

    On Mar 5, 9:35 am, James Gerber
    wrote:
    > I hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but, is there any hope for a more current
    > version of Java for the HP3000?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Jim Gerber

    > * etc., please visithttp://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html*

    I don't speak for HP or vCSY (or anybody, really), but I had lunch
    with the current MPE Java Lab last week, and further Java ports are
    not in the plan.

    Mike
    ex-MPE Java Lab

  4. Re: Java 1.4

    In article <1173294490.801079.92880@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.co m>, Mike
    writes
    >On Mar 5, 9:35 am, James Gerber
    >wrote:
    >> I hope I'm not beating a dead horse, but, is there any hope for a
    >>more current
    >> version of Java for the HP3000?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> Jim Gerber
    >>
    >> * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, *
    >> * etc., please visithttp://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html*

    >I don't speak for HP or vCSY (or anybody, really), but I had lunch
    >with the current MPE Java Lab last week, and further Java ports are
    >not in the plan.

    Was that a table for two then? :-)

    --
    Alan Yeo