Re: OT:Mars - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: OT:Mars - Hewlett Packard ; I know I'm not alone in wondering how this list got so abusive and divisive. ----------------------- Ron - To enlighten you about how this all started, check out the following link .. http://raven.utc.edu/cgi-bin/WA.EXE?...&L=HP3000-L&D= 0&I=- 3&X=15A1D863B19C089FC5&Y=byokem%40yahoo.com&P=1624 * To join/leave the list, ...

  1. Re: OT:Mars

    -----------------------

    Ron -

    To enlighten you about how this all started, check out the following link
    ..

    http://raven.utc.edu/cgi-bin/WA.EXE?...&L=HP3000-L&D=
    0&I=-
    3&X=15A1D863B19C089FC5&Y=byokem%40yahoo.com&P=1624

  2. Re: OT:Mars

    Hello Friends:

    Indeed, Brice, the sting of such a rebuke can linger for months afterward. Plainspoken, shorthand invectives feel good at the time they're used. I believe they do little to foster community, or the exchange of knowledge. Last I heard, that's what this mailing list was started to do.

    HP's David Parsons, a VP who started up the Technology Forum, compared this kind of scrap to a hockey game. He was talking about the old management roundtables we savored, where give and take stung like that rebuke. "Some people come to a hockey game to see the fights," he said. "We're not running a hockey game here." At least those invectives were hurled in person. That's takes even more moxie than exhorting from a keyboard.

    Gad, I've quoted an HP marketing VP, in an Off Topic posting. My second in one day. I've used up my quota for the rest of 2006.

    At least I haven't exceeded my five-minute OT limit.

    Ron Seybold
    3000 NewsWire

    I know I'm not alone in wondering how this list got so abusive and
    divisive.

    Ron -

    To enlighten you about how this all started, check out the following link.

    http://raven.utc.edu/cgi-bin/WA.EXE?...3000-L&D=0&I=-
    3&X=15A1D863B19C089FC5&Y=byokem%40yahoo.com&P=1624