Re: FTP Questions again - RESOLVED - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: FTP Questions again - RESOLVED - Hewlett Packard ; Thank you all for you help. I ended up setting the max connections to 2048. It was very interesting to watch the transfer take place and also watch the TCPGLOBAL stats. They pegged at 749 and then the transfer hit ...

  1. Re: FTP Questions again - RESOLVED

    Thank you all for you help. I ended up setting the max connections
    to 2048. It was very interesting to watch the transfer take place and
    also watch the TCPGLOBAL stats. They pegged at 749 and then the
    transfer hit a large file that took quite a few minutes to transfer, and
    sure enough, 4 minutes on the dot, the current connected stats started
    dropping, until they were resting at 5 before rising again when the large
    file was done.

    Thanks again for everyone's help.

    Gordon Montgomery
    Living Scriptures, Inc.
    (801) 627-2000
    gordon@livingscriptures.com

  2. Re: FTP Questions again - RESOLVED

    Makes me wonder if FTP should have a timeout while doing an
    mput command when a call to socket() fails.

    Then wonder if and why sockopt SO_REUSEADDR is not being used.

    Keven