Re: Can I sue HP for damages? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Re: Can I sue HP for damages? - Hewlett Packard ; On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:05:02 -0400, "Lisa" wrote: >They offered to replace it with a used unit! It is at the repair depot right >now and they are waiting to hear from me. According to them, it was damaged ...

  1. Re: Can I sue HP for damages?

    On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:05:02 -0400, "Lisa" <00@0000hotmail.com> wrote:

    >They offered to replace it with a used unit! It is at the repair depot right
    >now and they are waiting to hear from me. According to them, it was damaged
    >in shipping BUT they won't submit a claim to FedEx, why?

    Who shipped it? You or them? If you shipped it, you must file the
    claim, they cannot.

    >Don't know!

  2. Re: Can I sue HP for damages?

    Under the warranty, they ship me an empty box and I use it to ship the unit
    back to them. A preprinted FedEx shipping label is sent in the box as well.
    They handle all the shipping process. I already called FedEx when I first
    got the box 2 weeks ago and they said the shipper, HP, needs to file the
    claim.

    Thanks.

    "PeterD" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:05:02 -0400, "Lisa" <00@0000hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>They offered to replace it with a used unit! It is at the repair depot
    >>right
    >>now and they are waiting to hear from me. According to them, it was
    >>damaged
    >>in shipping BUT they won't submit a claim to FedEx, why?

    > Who shipped it? You or them? If you shipped it, you must file the
    > claim, they cannot.
    >

    >>Don't know!

  3. Re: Can I sue HP for damages?

    Again, standard practice. Whoever pays for the shipping gets to file the
    claim... Ben Myers

    On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 02:42:48 -0400, "Lisa" <00@0000hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Under the warranty, they ship me an empty box and I use it to ship the unit
    >back to them. A preprinted FedEx shipping label is sent in the box as well.
    >They handle all the shipping process. I already called FedEx when I first
    >got the box 2 weeks ago and they said the shipper, HP, needs to file the
    >claim.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >

    >"PeterD" wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:05:02 -0400, "Lisa" <00@0000hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>They offered to replace it with a used unit! It is at the repair depot
    >>>right
    >>>now and they are waiting to hear from me. According to them, it was
    >>>damaged
    >>>in shipping BUT they won't submit a claim to FedEx, why?

    >> Who shipped it? You or them? If you shipped it, you must file the
    >> claim, they cannot.
    >>

    >>>Don't know!

+ Reply to Thread