Nice guess, but I've never worked for a major computer OEM. Built a lot
myself. Serviced thousands as a small VAR. Worked for on of the old-time
BUNCH which tried in vain to compete with IBM in the mainframe business. Spent
a stint as a working member of the computer trade press and learned a lot while
doing so.

But you are right. Tracking a repair accurately through the process is very
important, whether I do it or a large repair facility does it. Tracking is just
as important as the tracking through the original assembly itself... Ben Myers