Is HP still socially responsible ? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Is HP still socially responsible ? - Hewlett Packard ; Seen in "La Tribune" of October 3 2005 : Is HP still socially responsible ? Dominique Biedermann, general manager of Ethical fund Ethos : As long term investor, we analyze companies globally. Today, Hewlett-PAckard must justify these layoffs because they ...

  1. Is HP still socially responsible ?

    Seen in "La Tribune" of October 3 2005 :

    Is HP still socially responsible ?

    Dominique Biedermann, general manager of Ethical fund Ethos :

    As long term investor, we analyze companies globally.
    Today, Hewlett-PAckard must justify these layoffs because
    they affect sites which mainly do profits.
    Where is the coherence of such a strategy ?
    Of course the IT market changes but this is not new :
    HP could have invested in new activities instead of
    killing so many jobs.
    How can one speak of responsible developpement seeing
    these conditions ?
    (...)
    I also think that a law should limit exercising stock
    options while work force reduction plans are active
    so that high managers keep their credibility by not
    taking profit of the raise of the stock.

    More info :

    http://cftchp.blogspot.com/
    http://hpwfr.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: Is HP still socially responsible ?

    mark_hpq@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Seen in "La Tribune" of October 3 2005 :
    >
    > Is HP still socially responsible ?
    >
    > Dominique Biedermann, general manager of Ethical fund Ethos :
    >
    > As long term investor, we analyze companies globally.
    > Today, Hewlett-PAckard must justify these layoffs because
    > they affect sites which mainly do profits.
    > Where is the coherence of such a strategy ?
    > Of course the IT market changes but this is not new :
    > HP could have invested in new activities instead of
    > killing so many jobs.
    > How can one speak of responsible developpement seeing
    > these conditions ?
    > (...)
    > I also think that a law should limit exercising stock
    > options while work force reduction plans are active
    > so that high managers keep their credibility by not
    > taking profit of the raise of the stock.
    >
    > More info :
    >
    > http://cftchp.blogspot.com/
    > http://hpwfr.blogspot.com/

    Suffice it to say that for the most part these days, "socially
    responsible" and "fiscally responsible" are virtual diametric opposites.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/