HP cartridge refills - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP cartridge refills - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I own a HP cp1700 (lovely printer) and I think about refilling the cartridges. But there is a smartchip in the cartridge which might cause some trouble. In the sparse information I could find, I read that it won't ...

  1. HP cartridge refills

    Hi,

    I own a HP cp1700 (lovely printer) and I think about refilling the cartridges.
    But there is a smartchip in the cartridge which might cause some trouble.
    In the sparse information I could find, I read that it won't print after a
    certain date. There seems to be no way to reset the chip.
    That means that the printer knows the actual date? If so, how?
    Any ideas to fool the system?

    TIA
    Bert

  2. Re: HP cartridge refills

    Bert wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I own a HP cp1700 (lovely printer) and I think about refilling the cartridges.
    > But there is a smartchip in the cartridge which might cause some trouble.
    > In the sparse information I could find, I read that it won't print after a
    > certain date. There seems to be no way to reset the chip.
    > That means that the printer knows the actual date? If so, how?
    > Any ideas to fool the system?
    >
    > TIA
    > Bert

    Not really sure about the newer HP printers, but in the past, cartridges
    were hard coded with a serial number. The printer could remember the
    last 3 cartridges installed (2 previous + 1 current)so if you kept the
    cartridges and rotated them, you could refill a cartridge that the
    printer would not remember.

  3. Re: HP cartridge refills

    On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:01:39 GMT, Dan wrote:

    >Not really sure about the newer HP printers, but in the past, cartridges
    >were hard coded with a serial number. The printer could remember the
    >last 3 cartridges installed (2 previous + 1 current)so if you kept the
    >cartridges and rotated them, you could refill a cartridge that the
    >printer would not remember.

    I will try that. First I have to collect some more cartridges.
    Thanx!

    Bert

+ Reply to Thread