I have a HP Pavilion 8660c. The other day, I went in to use the computer
and it was stuck in shutdown mode from 4 days before when I was on it. I
have it in a closed cabnet. Usually I wait until it completely shuts down,
but I guess I didn't do it this time.

Problem.... Now when I go and boot it up, it only says Hewlett Packard on a
blue screen. I tried using a boot disk in "A" drive, it would not even
check for a disk in the drive. I tried the Control C option for the bootup
from the restore disk, no luck. What did I do? Fry the Motherboard, or
hard drive .... or both. Is this ready for the graveyard? If it is the
Motherboard, would the hard drive still be ok?