Partial uninstall - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Partial uninstall - Hewlett Packard ; I had a HP Photosmart S20 scanner installed on my computer. I abandoned it and did an uninstall BUT I still have the S20 software showing in Add/Remove programs and on each boot Windows says something like "Windows has disabled ...

  1. Partial uninstall

    I had a HP Photosmart S20 scanner installed on my computer. I abandoned it
    and did an uninstall BUT I still have the S20 software showing in Add/Remove
    programs and on each boot Windows says something like "Windows has disabled
    scanner drivers that would make Windows unstable.". I can't uninstall the
    software. I get the message "Windows can't find the dll.".

    What can I do to clean this up?

    Thanks for your help

  2. Re: Partial uninstall

    Dan wrote:

    > I had a HP Photosmart S20 scanner installed on my computer. I abandoned it
    > and did an uninstall BUT I still have the S20 software showing in Add/Remove
    > programs and on each boot Windows says something like "Windows has disabled
    > scanner drivers that would make Windows unstable.". I can't uninstall the
    > software. I get the message "Windows can't find the dll.".
    >
    > What can I do to clean this up?
    >
    > Thanks for your help

    The first thing you might try is reinstalling the scanner software and
    drivers in order to repair the uninstall information needed by Windows
    to correctly uninstall. If that doesn't correct the problem, you may
    have to look for a log file created by the install process that lists
    the files installed and any changes made to your system's registry and
    then manually remove all those files and registry entries.

  3. Re: Partial uninstall

    Thank you. I will try it.

    ------------------------
    "Dan" wrote in message
    > Dan wrote:
    >> I had a HP Photosmart S20 scanner installed on my computer. I abandoned
    >> it and did an uninstall BUT I still have the S20 software showing in
    >> Add/Remove programs and on each boot Windows says something like "Windows
    >> has disabled scanner drivers that would make Windows unstable.". I can't
    >> uninstall the software. I get the message "Windows can't find the dll.".
    >>
    >> What can I do to clean this up?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help

    > The first thing you might try is reinstalling the scanner software and
    > drivers in order to repair the uninstall information needed by Windows to
    > correctly uninstall. If that doesn't correct the problem, you may have to
    > look for a log file created by the install process that lists the files
    > installed and any changes made to your system's registry and then manually
    > remove all those files and registry entries.

+ Reply to Thread