Scanjet 6100C Problem - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Scanjet 6100C Problem - Hewlett Packard ; Gateway 700XL P4 2.53GHz 512 Ram, 120Gb Hdd WinXP Pro SP2 My Scanjet 6100C scanner has worked fine for several years, no problems. Recently the scanner stops responding when the light bar starts initializing. The light comes on and then ...

  1. Scanjet 6100C Problem

    Gateway 700XL P4 2.53GHz
    512 Ram, 120Gb Hdd
    WinXP Pro SP2

    My Scanjet 6100C scanner has worked fine for several years, no problems.
    Recently the scanner stops responding when the light bar starts
    initializing. The light comes on and then it just sits. I have tried
    uninstalling and reinstalling both HP and MS drivers with no luck. I'm
    pretty convinced it's a hardware issue.

    Does anyone know how to solve this?

    TIA

  2. Re: Scanjet 6100C Problem

    On the seventh day, wdunmars wrote...

    > My Scanjet 6100C scanner has worked fine for several years, no problems.
    > Recently the scanner stops responding when the light bar starts
    > initializing. The light comes on and then it just sits. I have tried
    > uninstalling and reinstalling both HP and MS drivers with no luck. I'm
    > pretty convinced it's a hardware issue.

    do you have the transportation lock engaged by any chance?

    Sgt. Toomey: You would need three promotions to be an asshole.

+ Reply to Thread