Need to rehabilitate HP calculator--advice - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Need to rehabilitate HP calculator--advice - Hewlett Packard ; I have an HP 32S II that apparently has working electronics, but a sticky keypad. If I could safely pry the case apart, I could probably fix it. Does anyone know where I could go to get advice about prying ...

  1. Need to rehabilitate HP calculator--advice

    I have an HP 32S II that apparently has working electronics, but
    a sticky keypad. If I could safely pry the case apart, I could
    probably fix it. Does anyone know where I could go to get advice
    about prying it open? Is there a newsgroup where they discuss
    calculators?

    I don't want a modern HP calculator. I want good old RPN.

    --
    Please reply to: | "When the press is free and every man
    pciszek at panix dot com | able to read, all is safe."

  2. Re: Need to rehabilitate HP calculator--advice

    Paul Ciszek wrote:
    > I have an HP 32S II that apparently has working electronics, but
    > a sticky keypad. If I could safely pry the case apart, I could
    > probably fix it. Does anyone know where I could go to get advice
    > about prying it open? Is there a newsgroup where they discuss
    > calculators?
    >
    > I don't want a modern HP calculator. I want good old RPN.

    You could try comp.sys.hp48. That group deals mainly (these days)
    with the 49G+ and the 33s, but some of the people there remember
    the earlier models. But the best place is http://hpmuseum.org
    (The Museum of HP Calculators). There's a discussion forum there
    (http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiw...seum/forum.cgi) with lots
    of people who can tell you all about cleaning, maintaining and repairing
    vintage HP calculators.

    --
    Wayne Brown (HPCC #1104) | "When your tail's in a crack, you improvise
    fwbrown@bellsouth.net | if you're good enough. Otherwise you give
    | your pelt to the trapper."
    "e^(i*pi) = -1" -- Euler | -- John Myers Myers, "Silverlock"

+ Reply to Thread