Drive D - delete? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Drive D - delete? - Hewlett Packard ; Hi: I have an HP pavilion. I have received the CD's from HP that apparently mirror what is in Drive D. Can Drive D be deleted and if so, how can I get the free space to be in the ...

  1. Drive D - delete?

    Hi:

    I have an HP pavilion. I have received the CD's from HP that apparently
    mirror what is in Drive D. Can Drive D be deleted and if so, how can I
    get
    the free space to be in the C drive?

    Thank you.

    Bob

    It has removed 5868 spam emails to date.
    Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

  2. Re: Drive D - delete?

    Hi:

    I posted a request for assistance on the HP web site a few hours ago and
    sure enough someone answered.

    Except they didn't say if I could add the space to C:. IN reviewing the
    manage option on a right click of MY COMPUTER I believe that once I format
    D: and delete the partition, the space will be added to C:

    Bob

    "Bob L." wrote in message
    > Hi:
    >
    > I have an HP pavilion. I have received the CD's from HP that apparently
    > mirror what is in Drive D. Can Drive D be deleted and if so, how can I
    > get
    > the free space to be in the C drive?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Bob
    >

    > --
    > It has removed 5868 spam emails to date.
    > Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

    It has removed 5871 spam emails to date.
    Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

  3. Re: Drive D - delete?

    Bob L. wrote:

    > ... once I format D: and delete the partition,
    > the space will be added to C:

    Not unless hp has provided a unique tool to do that.

    Normally, you need something like Partition Magic,
    because it's not trivial.

    Might make more sense to format D and use it as
    a normal spare volume (like, put all your personal/
    family files there, so that wipeout recoveries of
    drive C don't obliterate your data).

    Or... if D is as large as C, use it for backup.

  4. Re: Drive D - delete?

    "Bob L." wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > I have an HP pavilion. I have received the CD's from HP that apparently
    > mirror what is in Drive D. Can Drive D be deleted and if so, how can I
    > get
    > the free space to be in the C drive?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Bob
    >

    > --snip

    Don't assume the cd's will successfully install. Better be safe than sorry
    and maintain two backups, the cd's as well as the restore partition.

+ Reply to Thread