HP Keyboard driver for HP Pavilion a1017c - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Keyboard driver for HP Pavilion a1017c - Hewlett Packard ; I updated my HP Pavilion a1017c computer to WinXP Pro and now none of the keyboard functionality works. Does anyone know where to get the RT7H10 (P/N 5187-7583 Rev 1.2) keyboard drivers? I didn't get a disk and HP doesn't ...

  1. HP Keyboard driver for HP Pavilion a1017c

    I updated my HP Pavilion a1017c computer to WinXP Pro and now none of
    the keyboard functionality works. Does anyone know where to get the
    RT7H10 (P/N 5187-7583 Rev 1.2) keyboard drivers? I didn't get a disk
    and HP doesn't appear to have the drivers.

    Any help appreciated.

  2. Re: HP Keyboard driver for HP Pavilion a1017c

    Steve,

    All I seem to recall from previous posts about HP keyboards is that the HP
    keyboard is manufactured by another company for HP (like everything else in an
    HP computer these days!). The keyboard manufacturer has the good sense to post
    keyboard drivers, even if HP does not. Wish I could remember the name of the
    keyboard manufacturer. Why not Google this newsgroup archive with the keywords
    keyboard and driver?

    And HP wonders why it is having so much difficulty in the computer business!
    Sheesh! Mark Hurd, my business phone number is 978-456-3889. My hourly rate is
    cheap compared to some of the high priced execs in the HP ivory tower. Call me
    sometime! ... Ben Myers

    On 29 Jul 2005 13:40:50 -0700, "devtester" wrote:

    >I updated my HP Pavilion a1017c computer to WinXP Pro and now none of
    >the keyboard functionality works. Does anyone know where to get the
    >RT7H10 (P/N 5187-7583 Rev 1.2) keyboard drivers? I didn't get a disk
    >and HP doesn't appear to have the drivers.
    >
    >Any help appreciated.

  3. Re: HP Keyboard driver for HP Pavilion a1017c

    I found the HP keyboard drivers I need. Simply go to hp.com, traverse
    through all the support stuff and talk in real time to one of the HP
    Support Techs. He gave me a link which will restore the functionality
    of my keyboard.

    Thanks for the business info...my hourly rate is much cheaper!

    corem deo

+ Reply to Thread