wireless - hp ze4231 notebook? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on wireless - hp ze4231 notebook? - Hewlett Packard ; Hi I have a hp ze4231 notebook and I am thinking of moving to a wireless lan enviroment. I don't know how to find out if my notebook already has wireless lan or if I need to buy a pcmcia ...

  1. wireless - hp ze4231 notebook?

    Hi

    I have a hp ze4231 notebook and I am thinking of moving to a wireless lan
    enviroment.

    I don't know how to find out if my notebook already has wireless lan or if I
    need to buy a pcmcia card with that facility. If you know about this machine
    could you please let me know if this has the wireless built in?

    Thanks

  2. Re: wireless - hp ze4231 notebook?

    gordon wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a hp ze4231 notebook and I am thinking of moving to a wireless lan
    > enviroment.
    >
    > I don't know how to find out if my notebook already has wireless lan or if I
    > need to buy a pcmcia card with that facility. If you know about this machine
    > could you please let me know if this has the wireless built in?
    >
    > Thanks

    Look at the right side front panel of your notebook. I there is a
    pushbutton switch there, and when you push it a blue light next to the
    switch comes on, you have built in wireless capability. Alternately,
    open the System icon in Control Panel, Hardware tab, Device Manager
    button, and scroll down to Network Adapters and click the + sign and see
    if there is a wireless adapter listed there. On my ZE4560 it is listed
    as a Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN. Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread